PDA

View Full Version : Dash squeaks and rattles

Endorphin
28-07-08, 09:18 AM
My front passenger side air vent (the one that is to the left of the glove box) squeaks and rattles a bit. I've taken the thing off a couple of times to re-seat it but it just comes back.

It seems to be the vent shell which is rubbing on the dash. Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? I was thinking adhesive backed felt tape might work. If only I could find some...

Any other ideas? There are a number of rattles in this thing which are beginning to drive me nuts!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike

mrbitchi
28-07-08, 12:02 PM
Use some stick on velcro dots, the "fluffy" side.

liam
16-08-08, 10:20 AM
you can buy the foam tape at any hardware store use this

dolphin
16-08-08, 03:19 PM
go to Bunnings they have it all.

Endorphin
16-08-08, 07:59 PM
I end up getting some felt tape through these guys:

http://www.cling.com.au/Hardware.aspx

john_char
17-08-08, 09:50 AM
Nothing worse than squeeks and rattles. I thought my Paj is bad (which it's not), but my Jeep is shocking!!!!!

Muzza
20-08-08, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=john_char;24503]Nothing worse than squeeks and rattles. I thought my Paj is bad (which it's not),
Dont have a dash rattle , but I have been chasing a squeek , only when cold in the centre consul, i found it today and fixed it , turned out to be a location pin between the 2 gears sticks on the consul, what a hassle to find. I hate noises
Muzza

Endorphin
20-08-08, 06:46 PM
I'm with you Muzza!

green monster
02-10-08, 07:46 PM
,,Easy fix just turn up the radio !!

Greg
02-10-08, 08:18 PM
...or fit some mud tyres:P

damn_oatesy
11-10-08, 07:22 PM
I have always used medical tape.. Its stretchy soft and sticks forever.. It has solved so many rattles in my cars its not funny.. I once used it to hold my exaust in place! :D

Endorphin
12-10-08, 08:42 AM
I have always used medical tape.. Its stretchy soft and sticks forever.. It has solved so many rattles in my cars its not funny.. I once used it to hold my exaust in place! :D

Is it easy to come by? Can you get it in a chemist for example?

damn_oatesy
24-10-08, 09:47 PM
Not sure.. My mate is a nurse. she nicks rolls of it for me!

kaffine
01-11-08, 10:42 PM
***WARNING THREAD HIJACK WARNING****

Hey guys since we're chattin bout squeeks and such my NM has this groaning / whining noise from the steering wheel almost every time I turn corners on all but hot days. I know its just some rubberseal rubbing on another bit of rubber but damn its annoying..Any other sufferers?:dunno[1]:

Cheers
Kaff...