• Show
Clear All
  • achjimmy
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2009
    • Blue Mtns

Paj is going, ordered a Landcrusier

Hi All

Well just after Xmas I ordered a LC VX 200, so the beloved Pajero will get put on the market in earnest in Feb. The LC is not due to April, as they are not starting MY13 models till March and i wanted a MY13 because it has a few updates including Trailer sway control.

It will be hard letting go of the Pajero as its been a great vehicle, but I am struggling with 3 teenagers and packing all our gear. I planned on keeping the Paj longer than 2 and a bit years but it's bigger I must go.
    Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
    MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
    99 Rodeo TD dual cab.
  • Ian Sharpe
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2000
    • Tasmania

mate , saw one in the lot at work the other day, they are a flamin barge!! Good luck then.
    NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
    NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• achjimmy
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2009
      • Blue Mtns

Originally posted by Ian Sharpe View Post
      mate , saw one in the lot at work the other day, they are a flamin barge!! Good luck then.
      Hi Ian was through Braidwood the other week, nice town.
      Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
      99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• Pickle
        Administrator
        • Jun 2007
        • All over Oz

You will be happy with the 200 Jim. They don't drive like a big 4wd and are quite nimble........just the price of em sucks!
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• sharkcaver
          "2000"+ Valued Contributor
          • May 2009
          • Perth

Sorry to see you change flavours Jim. That's one hell of a nice bus you built there. It must trouble you greatly.

I might get in strife for this, but for extended touring work with more than 2 people, these mid sized 4wd's (of all flavours) are a bit of a pain imo. That said, with the advent of the modern camper, gear storage has become a bit easier by moving some of it from the vehicle.

I hope things have changed since the "O'h what a lemon" website was set up.

I'm sure you'll be a happy camper.

Good luck with it.
          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• achjimmy
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2009
            • Blue Mtns

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
            You will be happy with the 200 Jim. They don't drive like a big 4wd and are quite nimble........just the price of em sucks!
            Dave
            Yep Dave the Price is insane, although they do deal on them. But there is nothing else in that Market, and with the new Patrol only being Petrol I don't see that as threatening the LC market.
            Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
            99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• JoshF
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2008
              • Brisbane

Are you getting the pre rego suspension upgrade with lovells so you can carry the same or more than a Pajero?
              NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
              Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• Bundyk
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2012
                • North Nowra

Congrats on the new car Jim, I hope you love it. It is a shame the Paj has to go, but I understand what you are saying re space, and the Landcruiser seems to be pretty much the only thing on the market that will suit.
                Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

• achjimmy
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2009
                  • Blue Mtns

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                  Sorry to see you change flavours Jim. That's one hell of a nice bus you built there. It must trouble you greatly.

I might get in strife for this, but for extended touring work with more than 2 people, these mid sized 4wd's (of all flavours) are a bit of a pain imo. That said, with the advent of the modern camper, gear storage has become a bit easier by moving some of it from the vehicle.

I hope things have changed since the "O'h what a lemon" website was set up.

I'm sure you'll be a happy camper.

Good luck with it.
                  Your rigth Shane, our Problem is We want to do some stuff remote to the Van, and then we can't carry enough stuff.

Done a bit of research the oil problem has seemed to be resolved along with a few other probs, they are on a facelift model now, it's been around 5 years. But being the complex thing they are Iam sure there will be some issues.

Originally posted by JoshF View Post
                  Are you getting the pre rego suspension upgrade with lovells so you can carry the same or more than a Pajero?
                  Yep extra 500kg, the ARB upgrade is very reasonable but only gives extra 280kg where the Lovells gives 500kg, but boy they whack you for it.
                  Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
                  99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X