PDA

View Full Version : Folding 2nd row Seats

DaveMif
19-01-13, 04:31 PM
Greetings All,

Finally back in a Paj after a few years of not having one and pleased as punch to be back in one.. Have had an 03 NP Paj for a month now and all going well with exception to folding down the second row to allow toys to go in more easily.
My understanding and from memory is that the latches at the top rear of the seat are not only to fold the back of the seat onto the base where you sit, but also to fold the entire second row forward. Is that correct? If so, then can someone direct me on what to do as I cannot fold the entire seat forward so it hits the rear of the drivers seats first time every time. I think something's faulty, but I'm unsure where to begin!!!:o:o:o

Hard to explain, but thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Cheers

MTN-KAT
19-01-13, 05:58 PM
Greetings All,
Finally back in a Paj after a few years of not having one and pleased as punch to be back in one.. Have had an 03 NP Paj for a month now and all going well with exception to folding down the second row to allow toys to go in more easily.
My understanding and from memory is that the latches at the top rear of the seat are not only to fold the back of the seat onto the base where you sit, but also to fold the entire second row forward. Is that correct? If so, then can someone direct me on what to do as I cannot fold the entire seat forward so it hits the rear of the drivers seats first time every time. I think something's faulty, but I'm unsure where to begin!!!:o:o:o
Hard to explain, but thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Cheers

Congrats! Assuming the seat folding is same as NL, you have to fold the back onto the seat first then reach under back of seat to find a looped strap to pull rearwards to release the metal hooks under the seat and it will fold up to meet the rear of the front buckets. There is a strap either end of seat underneath so can operate from either side. Expectedly the seat is designed to be hooked well to floor for safety. Tip: after looking under to see how it works I found by leaning on folded seat at the same time you pull the strap it unloads the "grip" of the hooks and whalla it comes up easy. Just experiment and you will get it down pat. Happy trails.

brianwanless
19-01-13, 06:11 PM
Try pulling the latch on the back of the seat up, then push the back as far back as it will go, then fold it forward, lift the back of the base and fold it forward. When you want to lower it push the red plastic part on the tube in.

Nik
19-01-13, 06:21 PM
These things are a pain - it's a known issue with the Gen3 Pajeros. Mine sometimes work and sometimes don't.

This thread has an pretty detailed description on how to fix it:
http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=26883

DaveMif
21-01-13, 08:19 AM
Thanks very much for the different accounts of what to look for folks. Plenty of info here and more than one solution found, so appreciate the heads up... Will let you know which works best. Now if only I could win Tattslotto and stop working so I could find the time to play!!
Cheers

DaveMif
22-01-13, 08:15 AM
Problem resolved. :)

20 mins later and after following the thread below (in particular, the tightening of a single cable) and all is well. Thanks Nik for the link, which ultimately led me to this thread which I found to be the easiest.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=16985

Works every time and easy.

Thanks again all.:clap2[1]:

Nik
22-01-13, 01:39 PM
Oh that's brilliant. It was on my to do list, but that first thread was quite a bit of stuff to do, this thread you've found is much easier. I'll do that tonight - thanks for the heads up Dave :clap2[1]:

Darwiniandude
22-01-13, 06:33 PM
Excellent. Will have a play with this. Took me awhile after getting the Pajero to get The Knack required to fold up the seats. Now I know why.