PDA

View Full Version : Rear door swap

CraigFox
04-01-13, 02:38 PM
Maybe a little bizarre, but has anyone tried a NM/NP rear door on a NS/NT/NW?

I want to have the spare tyre exposed on the next trip - ie get rid of the stupid number plate holder!!! I don't want to have to open the rear door, undo the bolts, swing the number plate out of the way, then start the normal process of tyre changing.

I know there have been some pics with guys from O.S. that have removed the cover part, but I was thinking this may look neater and more original.

Mac SA
22-01-13, 01:18 PM
Just had my paj next to a guy from work nm, the tailgates would bot straight on, bar the strut/tailgate lock would have to be slightly modified to fit, other wise the bolt holes, locations etc are exactly the same but not the strut/lock..... The NM strut is a metal item and way more heavy duty than the flimsy plastic one on the nt but bolts in a slightly different location

sharkcaver
22-01-13, 01:25 PM
The tail lights are different though, dont know how that would change the equation.

Mac SA
23-01-13, 08:16 AM
The tail lights are different though, dont know how that would change the equation.
the tail lights do not mold into the tail gate, tail gates are flat on the vertical (NM to NT)

Stevie-Ray
23-01-13, 09:58 AM
Would recommend finding another solution anyway as the process of undoing hinge-bolts, etc., can cause those areas to be vulnerable to rust once the factory sealant & paint are disturbed. :smiley_watchout[1]:
I've had a hinge develop a rust-hole next to it after a few yrs, because dealer had to reposition tailgate on Pathfinder when new, to stop it rubbing roof each time opened/closed! :mad:

Steve :rolleyes: