• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mojo007
    • Jun 2012
    • western australia

Automatic Transmission Electronic Control System

The Auto in my NW Pajero Diesel doesn't seem to be the same that I had in the 2003 model. The auto in the old model was great, when I went down a steep hill it would change down a gear or two like it suppose to do and when I use to reset cruise control it would go back up to the top set speed in a nice smooth way because the computer learnt my driving habits. This new NW should do the same but it doesn't go smoothly up to my preset top speed like it should, it goes flat to floor to the preset speed and the other thing is when I go down a steep hill the auto doesn't change down like the owner's manual suggests. Has anyone else had the same problem?
    NW Platinum 2012. Narva Ultima 225 spotlights with 55w HID globes. ECB Bullbar. Dual battery Red Ark Isolator.
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Mojo,

The PB Challengers Auto have the same issues, they drink diesel like a 3 litre Patrol and the Apadtive Learning on these semi automatic gear boxes is not really well matched with the variable geometry turbocharged engine, it is a Mitsubishi ECU programming issue and if you have ever driven a late model Auto Diesel Prado you can feel difference.
    If you really want to feel how it can be done test drive a new Freelander 2, even the low powered 2.2, 104kw, 400 Nm, 6 speed unit is a fantastic engine/ auto combo the HP version is even better, great cars and so comfortable to drive pity about no low range, too small and vague steering!

Cheers, old Jack.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• marquis
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Newcastle

Auto in the NT-NW is a dumb as* auto like the prado's
      --
      Marquis
      SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• Bretski
        • May 2008
        • Brisbane

Mines same... Hit resume and the cruise savagely gets you back to speed...mi also fine it rather savage on undulating roads up and down the gears etc.. Also I'm still not used the the push button controls. I don't find them very intuitive at all.

My np was older stalk style style and it was the best cruise control I've had in any car ever... Was smooth and nice on road and the controls easy to use and intuitive. Never ever had to look down at them.

Comment

• likatiger
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2008
          • WAMBERAL NSW

Agree with you on that Bretski, I thought it was just me having trouble changing from the NP stalk control to the push button ones - always looking down to figure out where to press.

Larry
          NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.

Comment

• mojo007
            • Jun 2012
            • western australia

You just reminded me about the cruise control buttons Likatiger,I believe the toggle buttons on the steering wheel is dangerous.The 2003 model had the lever which didn't need you to look down at the steering wheel to kick the cruise control in or out where this toggle button idea you have to look down to see what you are doing.
            NW Platinum 2012. Narva Ultima 225 spotlights with 55w HID globes. ECB Bullbar. Dual battery Red Ark Isolator.

Comment

• Bretski
              • May 2008
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by likatiger View Post
              Agree with you on that Bretski, I thought it was just me having trouble changing from the NP stalk control to the push button ones - always looking down to figure out where to press.

Larry
              Yes I'm always looking down. I don't like to. But my old brain is taking longer to learn the positions. Lol

Comment

• likatiger
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2008
                • WAMBERAL NSW

Yeah, they need to be a little more defined from a "feel" perspective so that after a while your brain and fingers co-ordinate without the need to look.

Mojo007, yes, it can be dangerous, I guess that is up to the driver to use caution when using the controls, but still prefer the stalk type.

Larry
                NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X