PDA

View Full Version : Fixing scratches

dbomba
23-10-12, 08:48 PM
Seen an ad on tele a day back about some pen that seems to fix scratches. One of my kids has a key scratch on the side of his Delica, hasnt gone down to the metal but is noticable.

Has anyone tried these things and was it successful ?
When I was watching the ad, the way they were repairing the scratches didnt quite look right, if you do see the ad and watch closely you may see what I mean :dunno[1]:. (or maybe Im just paying too much attention to detail and have got it wrong):smiley_watchout[1]:

Still I wonder if they really work.
:beer[1]:
Daryl

securegsm
23-10-12, 09:24 PM
Daryl, no it does not. Simple as that. There are tons of related videos on YouTube and search results on google.

Stevie-Ray
23-10-12, 10:00 PM
"If it looks to good to be true, it probably ain't!" :smiley_watchout[1]:

Only thing that seems to minimise paint-finish damage, is clear vinyl-wrap. Ain't real cheap either, but certainly less expensive than a respray! ;)

Steve :rolleyes:

big mik
28-10-12, 09:35 AM
those pens can make the thing look even worse than before, Like a kid has drawn all over the vehicle!:curse5[1]:

Good cutting agent, buffing and polishing, if it hasn't gone after that (and it will come back if it did go) then learn to live with it unfortunately.:mad:

Pauly Faulkner
28-10-12, 10:39 AM
Sometimes those pens can make it worse, the other times it only looks better from a distance of 15-20mtrs away:smiley_watchout[1]:

dbomba
28-10-12, 04:16 PM
My son told me about them, I hadnt seen them till the other night.

When watching the ad, what caught my eye, was how the pen was being held and the direction of of travel when they we showing what a great job it does. :smiley_watchout[1]:.

To me it looks more like they are scratching the panel with the pen, then have run the film backwards so it looks like its repaired.

Years back I had a commodore and used that coloured polish that was around at the time. That too did nothing.
We do live in a age of technology, sooner or later someone will come up with a solution that works. :think1[1]:

But then again, Ive been waiting for years for someone to make a toaster that toasts according to the dial.:lol9[1]:
Regards
Daryl