• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skwiz05
    • Aug 2012
    • Darwin

Runnings cables....

Just picked up the new NW a few days ago, had suspension/tyres and a few things fitted so was a slight delay before I got my hands on it.
    Started to fit a few of the old bits (antennas etc), and knowing im going to get a dual batt, run cables to rear for fridge, cable power under to the trailer (via andersonplug ) etc, was thinking about where to run the cables.
    I saw a thread on here, cant find it now, but was telling where to run your cabling through the firewall. Cant remember if through existing grommets or whether one person had drilled a new hole etc....given a dual batt system in the mix.

Any suggestions (or links to other threads) on where to run cables into the car, under the car, or where to position power splitter type fuse dist box for accessories?
    2017 NX Pajero GLX, Ironman Foam Cell shocks and Springs, PolyAirBags, Yokohama G)15s , LightForce 170's (MM OE), Uniden UHF and HF, MM Roofbars, RhinoRack Cage, Rhino Shovel Mounts and SS Ratchet Ties, MM TowBar,Redarc RH Brake Controller, BushSkinz, Dual Batt-Redarc BCDC1220Ign, Safari Snorkel, Waeco and 2 Custom Power runs to rear, UV Tinting, Internal and Paint protection, MSA Seat Organisers, MM BootLiner, DashMat and Weathershields,MM Neoprene seat covers
  • marquis
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Newcastle

If you go inside with 6b&s thru the existing rubber wire harness boot on the passenger side, The trays are easily to fit for a dual battery.
    You will need to pull the rear interior out to run the cable and install some gear, I suggest you have a look at the NS or gen3 workshop manual for ideas. You will need some trim removal tools, hole saw for cig sockets etc
    --
    Marquis
    SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• Dion
      Valued Member
      • May 2010
      • Brisbane

You can either go through the main loom (pax side) by loosening it and feeding through, or go through via the blank grommet that is just above it.

I have run my heavy cable and antenna feed through the grommet.
      2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• bigpete
        • Sep 2011
        • Walpole WA

Whilst running cable through the grommit passenger side, run additional cables for the future for additional accessories, as once the duel battery is fitted very difficult to access gromit again.

Comment

• HSV Rangie
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2010
          • Hastings

Yes run a 5/7 core cable into the cabin, makes fitting other items so much easier.

Michael.
          2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

• Dion
            Valued Member
            • May 2010
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by bigpete View Post
            Whilst running cable through the grommit passenger side, run additional cables for the future for additional accessories, as once the duel battery is fitted very difficult to access gromit again.
            If you don't have the ARB tray, yep.

Originally posted by HSV Rangie View Post
            Yes run a 5/7 core cable into the cabin, makes fitting other items so much easier.
            Another good idea.

Think about physical separation too. While the risk is low, I wouldn't put radio cables (antenna) in with the main loom cables due to potential for interference.
            2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• skwiz05
              • Aug 2012
              • Darwin

Got a plan now.

Today I ran 6BS cable from main batt inside corro tube, down under car left of gearbox, then followed rear aircon tubes down middle, around right rear of back end to anderson for camping trailer. Was a bit of a pain, but its tidy and up out the way. It winds around the fire wall to left of engine bay and up to the main Batt. All good. Fused at 50A, shouldnt see any volt drop on that run and it will feed my trailer CTEK 250S charger nicely....

For the rest...

6mm2 for front passenger side dist box for internal accessories (radios, radar det, etc)
              8BS to rear internal car for merrit/power sockets.
              6mm2 to rear for Waeco (RAPS kit)
              Driving Light loom switch wires
              6mm2 power for Redarc EBC
              Antenna cables

All above to go through firewall cable boot before the Batt tray is installed. (got tray and battery ready to go in).

For the dual Batt system ive gone with the Redarc BCDC1220 IGN (because of variable voltage alternator as posted in another thread of mine), supplied by ARB.

Got a very nifty Projecta Fused battery terminal for the Aux Batt (from a battery shop in Ashburton -part No BT950P1). Plus he had all the required crimp terminals for larger wire. Found 6BS sheathed cable at Prestige 4WD on Huntingdale rd. No one else seemed to stock it.

Only thing to sort now is tapping into an Ignition On wire....for the dual batt charger.
              2017 NX Pajero GLX, Ironman Foam Cell shocks and Springs, PolyAirBags, Yokohama G)15s , LightForce 170's (MM OE), Uniden UHF and HF, MM Roofbars, RhinoRack Cage, Rhino Shovel Mounts and SS Ratchet Ties, MM TowBar,Redarc RH Brake Controller, BushSkinz, Dual Batt-Redarc BCDC1220Ign, Safari Snorkel, Waeco and 2 Custom Power runs to rear, UV Tinting, Internal and Paint protection, MSA Seat Organisers, MM BootLiner, DashMat and Weathershields,MM Neoprene seat covers

Comment

• PMK
                • Jul 2012
                • Sunbury

G'Day,

You should have run one more wire into the cabin for the Dual Batt Charger... to connect to the Ignition on supply. I had trouble finding one under the bonnet & ended up having to pick it up from the fuse panel under the steering wheel. There are a couple of empty relay sockets to the left of the fuses where you can get this supply from. Not sure what there for but must be something we don't have in the Activs. Just incase I have fused the wire near to this connection.
                Hope this helps,

Paul
                SOLD - 2010 NT Pajero DiD Activ Mica Black - Safari Snorkel,T/Dog - 50mm Lovells rear, f/stone airbags, 50mm bilst/lov front. Ctek D250S. L/force 170's, Teko P3, C/Barrier, B/stone D697LT, GME TX4400, UltraGuage. ARB Sahara Bar. Bushskinz i/c, sump guards. Provent 200 & SPVi Mod. & d/son secondary fuel filter.

Check out my Photo Bucket;
                http://s268.beta.photobucket.com/use...60064201786735

Comment

• Macster
                  • Nov 2011
                  • Melbourne

Originally posted by skwiz05 View Post
                  Got a plan now.

Today I ran 6BS cable from main batt inside corro tube, down under car left of gearbox, then followed rear aircon tubes down middle, around right rear of back end to anderson for camping trailer. Was a bit of a pain, but its tidy and up out the way. It winds around the fire wall to left of engine bay and up to the main Batt. All good. Fused at 50A, shouldnt see any volt drop on that run and it will feed my trailer CTEK 250S charger nicely....

For the rest...

6mm2 for front passenger side dist box for internal accessories (radios, radar det, etc)
                  8BS to rear internal car for merrit/power sockets.
                  6mm2 to rear for Waeco (RAPS kit)
                  Driving Light loom switch wires
                  6mm2 power for Redarc EBC
                  Antenna cables

All above to go through firewall cable boot before the Batt tray is installed. (got tray and battery ready to go in).

For the dual Batt system ive gone with the Redarc BCDC1220 IGN (because of variable voltage alternator as posted in another thread of mine), supplied by ARB.

Got a very nifty Projecta Fused battery terminal for the Aux Batt (from a battery shop in Ashburton -part No BT950P1). Plus he had all the required crimp terminals for larger wire. Found 6BS sheathed cable at Prestige 4WD on Huntingdale rd. No one else seemed to stock it.

Only thing to sort now is tapping into an Ignition On wire....for the dual batt charger.
                  I mounted my Redarc in the engine bay (next to windscreen wiper motor and spliced the windscreen wiper for an ignition wire).

Comment

• PMK
                    • Jul 2012
                    • Sunbury

Originally posted by Macster View Post
                    I mounted my Redarc in the engine bay (next to windscreen wiper motor and spliced the windscreen wiper for an ignition wire).
                    Hey Macster,

What model do you have as the wiper in the NT & I'm guessing the NW has supply in acc position also & not suitable for a battery isolator ?

Cheers,

Paul
                    SOLD - 2010 NT Pajero DiD Activ Mica Black - Safari Snorkel,T/Dog - 50mm Lovells rear, f/stone airbags, 50mm bilst/lov front. Ctek D250S. L/force 170's, Teko P3, C/Barrier, B/stone D697LT, GME TX4400, UltraGuage. ARB Sahara Bar. Bushskinz i/c, sump guards. Provent 200 & SPVi Mod. & d/son secondary fuel filter.

Check out my Photo Bucket;
                    http://s268.beta.photobucket.com/use...60064201786735

Comment

• Macster
                      • Nov 2011
                      • Melbourne

Hi - can't remember what redarc I have sorry. NW paj. Seems to work ok, maybe I'm missing something...?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X