PDA

View Full Version : Rattling rear seat fix

Lambie
30-05-08, 09:54 AM
Hi All
I have an NJ that I've owned for a few years and since purchsaing the car 2nd hand at 108,00K ( now on 180,000) the back seat rattles when driving.

Given thet the back seat can slide and fold it does have a number of locking points and slides. The rattle seems to be coming from play in the slide mechanism on the passengers side. When the kids are in the car sitting on the seat all is well - its just when there is no one on the back seat that it drives me mad!!

Does anyone else out there have the same experience??

Does anyone have a convenient fix? So far my best result is to wire the runner/side together - piece of wire around the seat part of the runner twitched to the base part of the runner - this is not ideal as i have to cut the wire to move the seat - and when put back rewire it again - arghhh.

Help:o

Cheers, Lambie

peterdeg
30-05-08, 10:09 AM
Fold the seat up?

actpaj
30-05-08, 10:56 AM
I used a small ratchet strap in my nk, attach to tie down points behind rear seats and over both rear head rests, tighten just enough to take the slack out, or adjust as needed to stop the rattle. Easy to remove too.

actpaj
30-05-08, 11:10 AM
My editing skills, you get the idea

Lambie
30-05-08, 04:07 PM
Ok so thats something I havent tried - and as you say a bit easier to fit and remove than fencing wire.

I'll have a go this week end!! - and post the results.

Lambie