PDA

View Full Version : NS sunroof install cost

dstevenson
17-08-12, 07:18 PM
Hi all,
Im interested if anyone has installed a sunroof aftermarket into their NS, and what sort of cost is involved, and were you happy with the finish?

Also I understand a new roof lining is put in (a bit lower than the standard to allow for the glass to slide inbetween lining and roof), so I'm wondering it the Milford cargo barrier still fits in without modification?

Thanks

Brissyguy
18-08-12, 09:07 PM
You also lose the sunglasses holder and roof top DVD players. Clearance for roof racks etc should not be problem. I looked at fitting some (haven't done yet) and was all good.

Word of caution, do not go off road with sunroof retracted open. The alloy roof allows the frames to move too much with roof retracted, as such stuffs alignment and roof will close but not back to flush, big pain in butt to realign.

dstevenson
20-08-12, 01:59 PM
hmmm interesting about the offroad.

Thanks for the heads up..

Its just something I'm considering at the moment.

Cheers

MSF
20-08-12, 09:14 PM
Hi all,
.................... so I'm wondering it the Milford cargo barrier still fits in without modification?
Thanks

No. There are seperate models for with / without sunroof
I have a sunroof pajero and the Non sunroof cargo barrier does not fit (about 40mm too high)

dstevenson
20-08-12, 09:56 PM
No. There are seperate models for with / without sunroof
I have a sunroof pajero and the Non sunroof cargo barrier does not fit (about 40mm too high)

yes I thought that may be the case from looking at it.

thanks

Zoomtop
14-11-12, 03:09 PM
I have a 92 NH swb , with a 'wind up' sun roof .
I actually find this Better than a sliding sunroof .
My q is tho - Where can I get a new rubber seal for my
sunroof? Thanks in advance .
Zomie

DiDExceed
12-01-13, 09:25 PM
My old discovery had an aftermarket electic sunroof that popped up and the glass slid back on the outside, cheaper to instal and worked a treat, even closed when ig was turned off which was handy.

nicco
05-04-13, 12:13 AM
Hi, I realise this is a bit of an old topic, but it is still on the front page of the forum.

an after market installed Sunroof fitted into my AU Falcon about 12 months ago. It was a Hollandia 700 series. If you bought a new car and had the dealer fit option roof put into it you would almost definitely get a Hollandia.

total cost installed was about $2100; that included supply, fit and new roof lining. Total time was about 7 hours.

used the Webasto website to suggest an installer for me (I'm in qld so my installer probably won't be the one for you) and found him to be super professional and knew his job inside out

nicco
05-04-13, 12:15 AM
So apparently my phone cut a little bit off each of my paragraphs making me look slightly dyslexic, lol. You get the idea though.