PDA

View Full Version : Sahara bar polishing.

NTX
29-07-12, 04:17 PM
I have a ARB Sahara bar. The chrome/polished stainless steel rail is looking pretty sad. Any suggestions as to clean it up and get it shining?

Matt.

Aussie_Dan
29-07-12, 04:48 PM
Briteshine cotton wadding.
Comes in a small yellow tin about the same width as a coffee mug but only 3/4 as tall, you should be able to find it at most auto shops.
This stuff works an absolute treat at cleaning up chrome or polished stainless.
Cheers, Dan.

Herman4x4
29-07-12, 05:20 PM
I have also used autosol I think it is called on chrome. It is in a black and gold tube and is a poaste type metal polish.
Cheers,
Andrew.

awbeattie381
29-07-12, 07:16 PM
I ordered a product called purple when I bought my second hand TJM alloy bar recently. Nothing else came close to matching this product. I have to say though, that my bar was pretty badly tarnished and took a few hours of elbow grease. If you only have light tarnishing any metal polish would probably work alright.

http://www.californiacustom.com/purple_metal_polish.html

I got a bottle of this thru a qld online retailer. It works brilliantly on all the chrome work on my mini too!

NTX
29-07-12, 09:24 PM
Thanks for that fellas. I didnt think just a straight chrome polish would work. Can't say I have even heard of some of those products, so look forward to giving them a try.

Cheers Matt.

Steve_H
30-07-12, 12:54 PM
NTX, even Brasso from a supermarket should shine up your bar. It worked wonders on a nudge bar I bought recently.

green monster
31-07-12, 08:36 PM
my bar was looking a bit sad and my old man gave me a product (some german stuff) abd it worked ok for a while, but i reckon it really needs re chromed, not too difficult to do as its only held on with 2 big bolts, Im actually tempted to colour match it to the green monster !
let us know how you go.

scarecrow73
08-09-12, 08:38 PM
Another vote for "Purple". Awesome product with quick easy results. It'll bring back a good shine in no time. When I got my Paj, it was a year old and had done 68,000. I'm pretty sure the previous owner (State Gvt Dept) hadn't polished it at all so was a bit scungy. Purple is slowly brining it back to a respectable shine.