• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amr75wcr
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Sunny Coast

Gen 3 Rear Sill Trims

Whilst removing the rear mats today,i decided to pull the rear door sill trims out. I think i have found why the rear carpet gets wet on deep water crossings. The inwards two clips that hold the trim to the floor actually go into the floor and not the sill, and there is nothing to prevent water entry.

04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj
  • Aussie_Dan
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Cairns

Yep, I swear that this is how my carpets got wet when crossing the reynolds river in litchfield last year....
    Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• amr75wcr
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2009
      • Sunny Coast

I will be replacing the oe trim clips with some from work that have a rubber seal on them I do feel
      Wayne
      04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2010
        • Cairns

I think next time I am going to face a river crossing I will just get under my car a week or so beforehand with a tube of roof and gutter silicone and seal up anything that looks like it will let water through the floorpan. These holes for the sill trims will be first in line!
        If you only apply the silicone from underneath it should not affect your ability to easily rip up the sill trims whenever you need to.
        Cheers, Dan.
        2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• mrbitchi
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Brisbane

WTF? Thanks for that heads up. Will be hitting those with the silicone prior to my Cape adventure this year..
          Cheers, John.
          LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
          Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• amr75wcr
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2009
            • Sunny Coast

Hoping something like this will work
            Attached Files

Comment

• mrbitchi
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by amr75wcr View Post
              Hoping something like this will work
              Find a puddle and let us know
              Cheers, John.
              LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
              Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• amr75wcr
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2009
                • Sunny Coast

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
                Find a puddle and let us know
                No puddles planned for the near future, (unless the Cooloola Way is still wet) so a garden hose will have to do for now.
                Wayne

Comment

• Herman4x4
                  Valued Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • Melton, Victoria

When I ran the wire to the back for the fridge, I remember seeing the holes where the scuff trim clips into and thought I had better silicone them up, then realised what they were for and wondered if they would let water in.
                  Will be interesting to hear how they go Wayne.
                  Cheers,
                  Andrew.
                  Cheers,
                  Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
                  Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X