• Show
Clear All
  • Papajero
    • May 2011
    • Perth

How big can one post be?

Hi guys,
    How big can one post be?

I've just finished the monumental task of writing up my Timing Belt change procedure with loads of photo's that I want to link to. It's telling me I have 3000 words and 23 photos that I have on photobucket to link to it!!!

Yeah, I said it was big! I reckon it will be good top have in the Gen 2 forum or the mechanical, what do you reckon and is it too big???

Cheers
    99 NL Exceed Auto. Dual batteries
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

See my trip report. I broke it up into many consecutive posts.

Lots of words and lots of photobucket links in that.

Shane.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Papajero
      • May 2011
      • Perth

Yeah, I saw that Sharkcaver. Very impressed too I might add

But I've got my post already typed out in 'word' and could just cut and paste, adding the image links and it wouldn't need to be broken into numerous posts.

Any problems with that idea?

Comment

• sharkcaver
        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
        • May 2009
        • Perth

You can still split it with word. Mine also was done in word and I just posted it in chunks. Have a read here : http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...=vb3_board_faq

I had a quick look and didn't see anything on max size

Shane.
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Peakhurst, Sydney

Another alternative is to convert to a pdf, though I realise not everyone has the software to create pdfs, but it does make it much easier to upload.

Steve

Just checked in OpenOffice & yes, you can export as a pdf complete with pics in the document, plus OpenOffice is open-source & free ;
          The official home page of the Apache OpenOffice open source project, home of OpenOffice Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw and Base.
          Last edited by Stevie-Ray; 21-09-11, 12:44 PM.
          Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
          "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• BarryJ
            • Apr 2011
            • Hobart, Tas

I use a FREE .pdf writer program called CutePDFWriter available here:

Once installed, you just select "Print" and then select "CutePDF Writer" like you would a printer. As part of the "printing" process you are then asked for a file name and the location you want to store the final .pdf file (just like saving a .doc file).

Note that you will need to install a converter (also available via the above link under "Installation Requirements").

Comment

• Papajero
              • May 2011
              • Perth

Thanks for the replies.

Thread is now posted under the Mechanical forum

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X