• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GeoffM
    • Jun 2007

NP and traction control

Hi
    A question about NPs and traction control.

Have all NPs got traction control? and if not how do you know if the NP has or hasnt.

thanks

geoff
  • linc
    • Jan 2008
    • Perth

I've got the NP GLX and TC is fitted. There is a button just forward of the gear stick which allows you to disable it.
    Pajero NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto DiD
    Bilstein shocks / Lovell 2" lifted HD springs / Polyair Bags, Cooper AT3 (265/70/17), Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel, Uniden CB radio with 3+6dB whip antennae, Garmin Nuvi 760, Ironman awning with strip lighting, Rhino Pioneer tray, 42" lightbar, 135Ahr AGM dual batt system, 300W Solar panels, 4" rear work-lights
    Wishlist : ARB Deluxe bullbar

Comment

• bgiddins
      • Jun 2007

I thought you could only disable Active Stability Control (ASC) in those models - you can't actually disable Traction Control. Different things.
      Ben

Comment

• linc
        • Jan 2008
        • Perth

Yeah, looks like you're right. In the manual, it's listed as Active Stability & Traction Control (ASTC) - they share the same dash lights, but the button I mentioned seems to be only for switching off the ASC, not the ATC.

DILLIGAF?
        Pajero NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto DiD
        Bilstein shocks / Lovell 2" lifted HD springs / Polyair Bags, Cooper AT3 (265/70/17), Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel, Uniden CB radio with 3+6dB whip antennae, Garmin Nuvi 760, Ironman awning with strip lighting, Rhino Pioneer tray, 42" lightbar, 135Ahr AGM dual batt system, 300W Solar panels, 4" rear work-lights
        Wishlist : ARB Deluxe bullbar

Comment

• Wal
          • Jun 2007
          • Gold Coast

ASC with it's built tendency to brake anyl wheel where slip is detected is great on gravel but just makes you grind to a halt or make you lose forward drive in sand (which can be very dangerous on a sandy corner as I nearly found out). Definitely disable it in sandy conditions but be aware that it switches it self back on if you exceed 80 kph or turn the engine off.

Comment

• GeoffM
            • Jun 2007

So if you have the button in front of the gear stick you have traction control ??? Is that right.

Comment

• Wal
              • Jun 2007
              • Gold Coast

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
              So if you have the button in front of the gear stick you have traction control ??? Is that right.
              If your Paj has the MATT sticker on the side window then you have traction control and a variety of other electronic devices as well. You can't turn off traction control but you can turn off ASC (Active Stability Control) with the little switch in front of the gear lever. When you do this a light comes up on the dash display telling you that ASC is off.

Comment

Sep 2003

Gidday Geoff,
                For additional info, my Paj is Petrol 3.8V6 auto, built date Sep 03 and it has MATT which includes traction control. I believe MATT became standard across the entire range (GLX, GLS, and Exceed) not long before that but I'm too not sure.
                Cheers,
                Jon

Comment

• GeoffM
                  • Jun 2007

Hi Wal

I have the swich and the light in the dash, have felt the stability control ( the feeling of 'loss of engine power') but dont have the sticker and its a 2005 gls model.

geoff
                  Last edited by GeoffM; 09-03-08, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• john_char
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Perth - Not far north of the River

I have a mar 03 NP Exceed. It has TC but no Stab Cntrol because it's a 3.5l without elec throttle.
                    Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

• Wal
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Gold Coast

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
                      Hi Wal

I have the swich and the light in the dash, have felt the stability control ( the feeling of 'loss of engine power') but dont have the sticker and its a 2005 gls model.

geoff
                      If it's an 05 GLS then it definitely has ASC along with all the other goodies supplied via MATT.

Comment

• psproule
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Googong, NSW

The 3.5 petrols missed stability control due to lack of electronic throttle control. Not sure if the early NP Diesel had it or not but the DID has always been electronic pump control.
                        2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                        2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X