X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boybi
    • Jul 2007

Who made the CRDi and turbo of NS?

What is the brand of the CRDi and turbocharger installed in the 4M41 of the NS?
  • WALLYBURGER
    • Jul 2007

boybi , I was told by the the sales dude we bought ours from that it was a Daimler/chrysler designed engine and built by mitsubishi , but i`m not so sure about that (he was a salesman after all). MMC have always designed and built their own gear in the past and i don`t think anything has changed eventhough Daimler/chrysler now owns MMC.
    2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

• Proudy
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by WALLYBURGER View Post
      boybi , I was told by the the sales dude we bought ours from that it was a Daimler/chrysler designed engine and built by mitsubishi , but i`m not so sure about that (he was a salesman after all). MMC have always designed and built their own gear in the past and i don`t think anything has changed eventhough Daimler/chrysler now owns MMC.
      Daimler/Chrysler own MMC? Are you sure? Mitsubishi is a bloody big company (I deal with them), not sure they have sold of their car section, but could be wrong....
      NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

• Pickle
        Administrator
        • Jun 2007
        • All over Oz

Chrysler have sepparated from Mitsubishi, I think Mitsu give them the arse due to poor sales over a year ago now.
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Proudy
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
          Chrysler have sepparated from Mitsubishi, I think Mitsu give them the arse due to poor sales over a year ago now.
          Dave
          Thanks Pickle, I see Mitsubishi quite often in Japan (not cars)....and never suspeted that they had sold their car division...and always spend 10 mins in the show room down stairs before heading in to the 'meetings'. Which made me wonder.
          NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

• WALLYBURGER
            • Jul 2007

I must be a bit behind the times then , i`m sure D/C still owns them. Proudy , D/C owned MMC`s automotive operations only , not the whole company.

Comment

• Proudy
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by WALLYBURGER View Post
              I must be a bit behind the times then , i`m sure D/C still owns them. Proudy , D/C owned MMC`s automotive operations only , not the whole company.
              i am just suprised Mitsu would have sold their automotive divisin (i know not the company). Mitsbishi have been copping flack for their car problems...so i am sure DC cant own them...anyway I will check out as its an intresting topic..for me at least

Comment

• Pickle
                Administrator
                • Jun 2007
                • All over Oz

The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• WALLYBURGER
                  • Jul 2007

Yeah , D/C did own MMC but i was unaware they split. D/C own many of the major car companies.

Comment

• Eastie
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Vic

And in May07 Daimler dumped Chrysler, whom a private equity mob Cerberus rescued. They are again looking at reforming alliances with mistubishi and hyundai - both companies they formally boned.
                    NS oil burner shorty

Comment

• psproule
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Googong, NSW

Isnt the 4M41 (now common rail) just a development of the older 2.8 (4M40 I think)? I am going to take a punt / wild guess and say that the motor and turbo are all Mitsubishi in origin, perhaps derived from one of the truck engines (they make their own turbos at least).

Pat
                      2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                      2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• M@S@
                        • Sep 2007

I think

I think that this engine is Mitsubishis own engine. Like someones said before, developed from olders....

Comment

• Mike DiD
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2007

In the NM/NP 3.2 DiD a Bosch Rotary Injection Pump is used. Many companies used the computer supplied by Bosch, but Mitsu used a version with no computer on the pump so that they could use their own Engine ECU.

The ECU fine-tunes the Injection Volume and Timing, which is basically controlled within the pump by mechanical means.
                          Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X