PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Panel Painting

Oderus
03-07-11, 05:54 PM
Hi guys

I want to paint the plastic front bumper, rear bumper, and door handle pieces because they are looking a little dull, and I want to spruce up the Pajero a bit. Any tips on what kind/brand of paint would be the best to get the pieces back to the black colour they once were?
I've been looking online for paint and such, but want some expert advice before I go ahead and do it, possibly botching it.

thanks!

Wiseowl
03-07-11, 06:17 PM
Hi guys

I want to paint the plastic front bumper, rear bumper, and door handle pieces because they are looking a little dull, and I want to spruce up the Pajero a bit. Any tips on what kind/brand of paint would be the best to get the pieces back to the black colour they once were?
I've been looking online for paint and such, but want some expert advice before I go ahead and do it, possibly botching it.

thanks!

Hi
You can try using smooth peanut butter. Put a little on a rag and wipe it into the black rubber. It will look like new again and it works real good brings the color back. I did my rear bar on my Gen 2 about 4 months back it still looks good.
Cheers Kev

Oderus
03-07-11, 06:36 PM
Really?!? I'll give it a shot tommorow. Thanks!

Wiseowl
03-07-11, 07:04 PM
Really?!? I'll give it a shot tommorow. Thanks!

Hi
Use a circular motion rub it in well and then polis it off with a clean cloth you will be surprised at the result. its the oil in the peanut butter that makes it look new again, mine was all whitish and even took that out I used it also on the handles and other rubber even on the metal part of the bumper made that look new. I wouldn't recommend using it on the paint but.
Cheers
Kev
For your peace of mind try it on an area of the rubber see what its like first.

Bunny
04-07-11, 08:02 AM
Then all the dogs in the neighbourhood can come and polish with their tongues.

Wiseowl
04-07-11, 09:38 AM
then all the dogs in the neighbourhood can come and polish with their tongues.

lol lmao

Oderus
05-07-11, 02:02 PM
Wiseowl, that worked alot better than i had expected. i used it on the bumpers, window trim, door handles, mud flaps, everything except the body paint. Thanks for the tip!

Stevie-Ray
05-07-11, 02:22 PM
Why waste good peanut-butter when Vegemite is already black (I can't stand the smell, or the taste)! :D
Although you'd probably have the dogs & the cats polishing it off in no time! :nana[1]:

Steve ;)

Oderus
05-07-11, 04:56 PM
Thats funny. Once when I was travelling to a rig through a farmers field, I had to stop for some cows on the road, and I got stuck on the road because the cows wanted to lick the windows on my work truck, so maybe cats and dogs would be a welcome change. :drive[1]: