• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aussie03
    • Sep 2007
    • Sydney

Genuine ML Triton Canopy too WEAK for the Job

I thought I would let everyone know how weak the genuine canopies are. My canopy was fitted by mitsu 3 weeks ago, I had it for 1 week and the canopy split and shifted positions. As a result my cab and tray are now damaged.

Mitsubishi at first try to blame me, they said I hit something with the canopy causing it to move, however with no marks on the canopy this was not a good excuse. After much arguing I convinced them the canopy could not with stand the flexing of the chassis and under the stresses caused the canopy to crack. I had taken the beast off-road and had the wheels in the air on more than one occasion.

Im now getting my original hard cover put back on, and looking at other canopies which are stronger. Anyone have any recommendations?

I would also like to know has anyone else experienced these problems either with a genuine or non genuine canopy.

Cheers
  • subi_man
    • Jul 2007
    • Canowindra - In the sticks, country NSW

most of the Triton guys that hang around www.newtriton.net swear by the ARB canopies... there's been lots of discussion on that particular forum, it's worth checking out as others have complaints about the genuine Mits canopies!

Cheers
    Andrew
    White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
    Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

• sabot
      • Jul 2007
      • Melbourne

Originally posted by Aussie03 View Post
      I thought I would let everyone know how weak the genuine canopies are. My canopy was fitted by mitsu 3 weeks ago, I had it for 1 week and the canopy split and shifted positions. As a result my cab and tray are now damaged.

Mitsubishi at first try to blame me, they said I hit something with the canopy causing it to move, however with no marks on the canopy this was not a good excuse. After much arguing I convinced them the canopy could not with stand the flexing of the chassis and under the stresses caused the canopy to crack. I had taken the beast off-road and had the wheels in the air on more than one occasion.

Im now getting my original hard cover put back on, and looking at other canopies which are stronger. Anyone have any recommendations?

I would also like to know has anyone else experienced these problems either with a genuine or non genuine canopy.

Cheers
      I have a RAZORBACK pressed steel canopy installed by 4x4 components (VIC).
      See website "http://www.4x4storagecomponents.com.au/Razorback1.html". Specs & quality far exceed the ABS & fibreglass canopies out there. Price is a little more (about A$1,900) but well worth the money.

Rgds
      Sabot
      Triton ML 3.2l GLX Dualcab.

Comment

• davoxt
        • Jul 2007
        • Pilbra West Aussie

I have a Flexiglass canopy, the shell has a life time warrenty.

Comment

• Aussie03
          • Sep 2007
          • Sydney

Its a pitty mitsu make such great cars, however can't make good accessories to go with there good product. Would i buy another mitsubishi after all my troubles no. They have had my car three weeks now and I have yet to hear when i will get it back. Really disappointed as i like the product but there after sale service and accessories don't reflect the great product they offer. Sorry mitsubishi, you deserve to go in oz after all the crap i have put up with. I know its a sin to say this but I'm buying a toyota next time.

Comment

• theone
            • Jul 2007

Go for the ARB I dont think you will buy better, I use my 08 Triton how it should be used and bought it for off road as I didn't want to trash my 07 pajero. Never had a problem

Comment

• bms
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Aussie03 View Post
              Its a pitty mitsu make such great cars, however can't make good accessories to go with there good product. Would i buy another mitsubishi after all my troubles no. They have had my car three weeks now and I have yet to hear when i will get it back. Really disappointed as i like the product but there after sale service and accessories don't reflect the great product they offer. Sorry mitsubishi, you deserve to go in oz after all the crap i have put up with. I know its a sin to say this but I'm buying a toyota next time.
              Mate I don't really think it matters what vehicle you buy these days as I know a bloke with an 05/06 D4d Lux and is about to sell it as he has had nothing but grief from Toyota (gearbox and other issues) and Nissan don't seem very good either so I don't think it makes much diff what you buy.

So far I've had great service for any warranty probs so maybe it depends on the dealer

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X