X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JMTVAND
    • Jul 2007

Ns Issues

A couple of gripes that I have with my new NS GLX DID that readers may sympathise with or have answers to:
    1/ Firstly the cruise control buttons that are now included in the steering wheel may look great, but they are far less functional that the finger tip stalk on the previous models. I find that it is necessary to move your hand and take attention off the road in order to hit the correct button, definetly not safe.
    2/ The air cond temp settings have also taken a step back with the new climate control, on a cold morning you have to set the temp high to make it kick in and then when it does you have to wind it way down before it cooks the cab. The opposite happens on a hot day, it takes mutiple adjustments to get the temp right, it is like the temp sensor is located somewhere that doesn't react to changes quick enough. i asked the dealer to look at it, but to no avail (not that I have a lot of faith in this MM dealer anyway, due to bad experiences from the start)
    3/ some issues with the drop in power in the DID from the previous model but this may be getting better with age.
    All round though good value for money and the pick of this size vehicle.
  • matthewfnorbert
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007

i have found the climate control to be excellent and reacts very well indeed.. maybe you need to get your system looked at.

btw the new generation systems, say for heating as an example, will try to not blow air on your face but rather use windscreen and foot wells.. this is supposed to give you a more even and unobtrusive environment lol even so i find mine
    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• NS Rob
      • Jun 2007
      • Ipswich, QLD

I have to agree, the climate controls are the best I've used in any car.....but then I'm coming from driving a 1989 Paj and a 1982 Commodore.

The two twisty dials are awesome and you can click down by 0.5 degrees. All the way up to 32 degrees is nice for those Ipswich winter mornings.
      Cheers,
      Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.
      1989 NG EXE Tdi Manual - Cooper ATR's on 16x8 Sunraysia's, Tough Dog 2" Lift

Comment

• matthewfnorbert
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007

my touareg tdi has nothing on the paj climate, the vdub responds too slow and the fan is noisy
        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X