PDA

View Full Version : Rear Seat Rattle

Thunnus
26-04-11, 11:54 AM
Ok I've had a browse through the forum, and just want to get something clear before i go medieval on this seat.

I have a 1990 NG with a rattley rear seat (Seems pretty normal from what i read)

Don't want a rattly seat... Very Very annoying

So from what i can read i can either

a) Tie the seat via a strap around the head rests back, to the rear restraints... (Not a real good option as i do use the rear area a lot)

b) Remove the seat (getting close)

Is there no other way to stop the rattle .. Like tighten up or replace the hinge mechanisim ? Or is this a feature of Pajero's, to annoy the bejesus out of the driver on long drives.... (And yes i've upgraded the music system to a much louder unit, and it doesn't help)

Regards
Greg

ngwagon
26-04-11, 02:31 PM
In my lwb ng there is a belt with a hook the hooks over the hand grab handle.. It still wobbles and makes noise and is annoying.. Been thinking of taking the 6th and 7th seat out just because of the noise..

Thunnus
26-04-11, 03:09 PM
Ooohhh. already done that, never really had any plans to increase Australia's population by more than 2.

The definitely stopped the belt rattle, just this mongrel rear seat that is really getting on my nerves...

Greg

ngwagon
26-04-11, 03:16 PM
We have 3 kids and sometimes they bring a friend home. I don't get the rattle from the back seat because I made a cargo barrier that is hard against the seat.

91Tourer
26-04-11, 04:59 PM
Ok I've had a browse through the forum, and just want to get something clear before i go medieval on this seat.

I have a 1990 NG with a rattley rear seat (Seems pretty normal from what i read)

Don't want a rattly seat... Very Very annoying

So from what i can read i can either

a) Tie the seat via a strap around the head rests back, to the rear restraints... (Not a real good option as i do use the rear area a lot)

b) Remove the seat (getting close)

Is there no other way to stop the rattle .. Like tighten up or replace the hinge mechanisim ? Or is this a feature of Pajero's, to annoy the bejesus out of the driver on long drives.... (And yes i've upgraded the music system to a much louder unit, and it doesn't help)

Regards
Greg

So i guess we are talking about the middle set of seats not the rear seats? In regards to the middle set of seat i have wrapped electrical tape around the latch's that lock the seat down and the fold down arm rests on the outside seats and that has firmed them up abit. As i have 4 whipper snappers my seat generally are full of kids so dont hear a rattle

ngwagon
26-04-11, 05:03 PM
What a bit of the door draugh foam stuff you can get for house doors.. It might take the wobble out of it if its the arm rests your talking about?

awbeattie381
09-06-11, 12:47 PM
So i guess we are talking about the middle set of seats not the rear seats? In regards to the middle set of seat i have wrapped electrical tape around the latch's that lock the seat down and the fold down arm rests on the outside seats and that has firmed them up abit. As i have 4 whipper snappers my seat generally are full of kids so dont hear a rattle

I also electrical tape on the latches for the arm rests. Took me a while to work out what the rattle was! Much better now.