X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maxxeman
    • Jun 2007

dual battery install NM

I know this has been done to death on the old forum but I would like to know where the Charcoal canister is re located to when installing the second tray! Many thanks Tim.
    Last edited by maxxeman; 07-07-07, 09:36 PM.
  • Rusty
    • Jun 2007
    • Victoria, Australia

Hi Tim
    Ours was relocated to a bracket welded to the main battery holder "post" nearest the motor. Be warned though that this seems (to me) to have added some stress to this side and we have now had 3 battery hoders break at the bottom on that side. It is only plastic with a metal rim though so not very strong at the best of times.
    Rusty
    2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
    Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
    2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras

Comment

• john_char
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Perth - Not far north of the River

I relocated my canister to the same point but on the other side of the engine bay. All I had to do is extend some of the hose and all done.
      Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

• maxxeman
        • Jun 2007

Thanks guys got it now! I was maybe having a dumb moment when I asked; sometimes it helps to see the solution by asking what others have done! Thanks again, Tim.

Comment

• JohnnyinBrisbane
          • Aug 2007
          • Brisbane

Hi,

It sounds as if this topic has had a bit of water under the bridge.
          But I'm new and missed the other discussions.

I'm looking to do a self install of a dual battery and would like to know what I'm getting into before hand.

Can anybody post some pictures of the second battery install with attention to the carbon canister and any other items that must be moved?

I've got a '04 NP with the 3.8

Thanks
          Johnny
          '04 Pajero Exceed
          3.8l thirsty V6 - Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X