• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Futsal1st
    • Jul 2007
    • NW Sydney

05 Sat Nav

Where are we now with this. I like my reversing camera and the radio is satisfactory. Is the only option to write to Mitsu and ask for a Tom Tom?
    NS Exceed DiD auto, Mousebar, Headlights and Cibie Oscars with HID bulbs
  • Stroker
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Glenorie NSW

Originally posted by Futsal1st View Post
    Where are we now with this. I like my reversing camera and the radio is satisfactory. Is the only option to write to Mitsu and ask for a Tom Tom?
    Hi

I havent given up persuing legal action against them I,m convinced they have breached the Trade Practices Act for selling goods unfit for the purpose for which they were intended I,m still mad as hell, the Exceed was about 8 grand more than the platinum pack and the sat/nav was the major difference between the 2 models thats the compensation I,m going to ask for.
    Ideally though all we need is a replacement hard drive unit that is compatible with the head unit
    Cheers Glenn
    NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

• Jonesy
      • Jul 2007
      • Rockingham WA

05 Sat Nav...WA

Hi all,

I'm sure this topic would have had some air time considering it's implications so here goes.

Recently purchased a 2005 Exceed (dealership managers vehicle) and when I inquired with my dealer (WA) as to how I could up-grade the Sat Nav (it won't recognize many major roads over here - they put me onto a company over East (Go-Technologies) who were sympathetic but could no longer offer the software upgrade as their license had expired...back to MM who put me onto MM Customer Support - final answer is 'Sorry but the company who supplied the system (Eurovox) ceased trading mid 2006 and MM can offer no upgrade as they don't have a license (formally Go-Techs license)...and forget version 12 mate - it didn't work properly anyhow...anything else I can help you with (that bit made me laugh!) Corresponded with my Parts Manager at the dealership and he is also at a loss and somewhat embarrassed!

Guy from Go-Tech is looking for a solution (no doubt for many others as well)

Have to say I'm very disappointed considering the vehicle is under warranty until 2010 and wasn't cheap. Any ideas anyone?

Comment

• Stroker
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Glenorie NSW

The people at Go Technologies are very helpful and sympathetic but they dont have the hardware to supply to you. Does your unit actually function properly or is it faulty? You need to push MM its their responsibility. If you cracked a cylinder head and they told you the company making them went broke so go fix it yourself you wouldnt accept it so why should we accept it on the Satnav.

Glenn
        NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

• Jonesy
          • Jul 2007
          • Rockingham WA

Cheers Glenn,

The unit functions ok, its just the mapping software that is outdated.

I did read on this web site a few months ago, a thread someone had posted on this subject, the system is a Magellan 800 model? The posts are no longer up...so I stand to be corrected.

I will continue to hound MM as I have no complaints with the vehicle other than this which is a shame. Why should any of us have to eventually purchase from a third party a portable nav (which has upgradeable software) device to do the same job at considerable cost to us?

No doubt MM are waiting for time to bury this issue rather than cough up the bucks to find a solution

Comment

• Stroker
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Glenorie NSW

"No doubt MM are waiting for time to bury this issue rather than cough up the bucks to find a solution"

No doubt about that and so far its working for them

Comment

• Futsal1st
              • Jul 2007
              • NW Sydney

Sav Nav

The lack of an update is becoming annoying. Did anyone write to MMA re the Tom Tom. If yes the body of the letter?
              NS Exceed DiD auto, Mousebar, Headlights and Cibie Oscars with HID bulbs

Comment

• Wal
                • Jun 2007
                • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Stroker View Post
                Hi

I havent given up persuing legal action against them I,m convinced they have breached the Trade Practices Act for selling goods unfit for the purpose for which they were intended I,m still mad as hell, the Exceed was about 8 grand more than the platinum pack and the sat/nav was the major difference between the 2 models thats the compensation I,m going to ask for.
                Ideally though all we need is a replacement hard drive unit that is compatible with the head unit
                Cheers Glenn
                You paid 8K more just for SatNav?

Comment

• Stroker
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Glenorie NSW

Originally posted by Wal View Post
                  You paid 8K more just for SatNav?
                  At the time the satnav was only available in the Exceed and came in an intergrated package with the reversing camera, tv/dvd screen,mp3 player, so yes I guess I did

Cheers Glenn

Comment

• The Last Streetfighter
                    • Jul 2007
                    • BrisVegas

I believe you got A/C ducted to the middle and rear seats too. My Platinum doesn't have that.
                    Current ride. EP91 Starlet Auto
                    Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Comment

• Stroker
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2007
                      • Glenorie NSW

Originally posted by The Last Streetfighter View Post
                      I believe you got A/C ducted to the middle and rear seats too. My Platinum doesn't have that.
                      But you got a free rear DVD screen didn't you and mine would have been an expensive option, like $1,500 or something from memory

Comment

• ref
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Melbourne Vic

NP Sat Nav

Originally posted by Stroker View Post
                        Hi

Cheers Glenn
                        Came approx this on ebay (looks like my unit in the Exceed from the front). Note that they say they can provide an itnegrated GPS for the unit for $900 odd. The unit they nominate is at the web site below (mostly autoban retailers).

Has anyone seen the HD and back of the head unit fitted in the Exceed?. Looks like the nav 12 unit might interface to the mitsubishi unit and be upgradable by sd card.

Mike

2000 NM Exceed 3.5 ltr, ARB Winch bar and Motzone 9,500 lb winch, 65 ltr Brown Davis aux tank, OME springs & shocks, Cooper 265/75R16 STMaxx, Safari Snorkel, Uniden UH7760NB, Double Din 7" Radio/GPS/TV, 105Ah Auxillary battery, Redarc SBI12 isolator, Night Stalker 100W Roo Lites.

2005 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD, Alloy Bullbar, 70 ltr Brown Davis aux tank, Piranha dual battery, King Springs, Cooper 265/70 R17 ATRs, GME TX3440 UHF, Steinbauer chip, Prodigy brake controller, Double Din Radio/GPS/TV.

Comment

• Stroker
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Glenorie NSW

Hi Mike

Nice find, have you spoken to them about the unit? If so will you still have your TV,DVD and Reverse camera function?. Go grab one and send MM the invoice.

Cheers Glenn

Comment

• linou
                            • Jul 2007
                            • Perth

Hi Mike,

Certainly looks the same as the back of the Eurovox unit in my NP Exceed. I stand to be corrected, but I think the Nesa Vision units referred to are designed to work with any video monitor with at least one video (or A/V) input and use a seperate control to operate the navigation system. The Eurovox unit has one A/V input, used for the reversing camera so the Nesa Vision navigation unit could be connected to that imput. I don't think the Nesa Vision units can be operated via the controls on the front of the Eurovox unit, only via the supplied Nesa Vision remote control.

Cheers
                            Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.

Comment

• Mr C
                              • Feb 2008
                              • Newcastle

Has anyone moved forward with this? we have a 2005 Exceed, and our suburb is not even in the map. It wont calculate any route from home, it just doesnt know where it is. I have emailed MM, Fair trading, and Go technoligies, but still no replies. Has anyone thought of putting another unit into the existing hardware case under the seat, and hooking it up to the head unit? If we could come cup with a solution there would have to be a few bucks in it.
                              Nigel
                              2005 NP V6 Exceed.....first mod....get the tail lights working

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X