PDA

View Full Version : Paint Code Advice - Anyone know this colour?

kaze-exceed
28-09-10, 01:38 PM
Looking to touch up some parts of the car, its exactly the same colour as this one but im unsure of the code, does anybody know what the colour code is ?

damo83
28-09-10, 01:56 PM
Check under your bonnet, there should be a plate with your paint and trim codes on it. Take the paint code to an auto paint shop and they should be able to look it up for you.

damo1
16-10-10, 04:07 PM
Mate i can tell you that that color is deffinatly blue!!

And the lower color is deffinatly silver!!

:nana[1]: Sorry couldn'tr help my self.

As previously stated, if you look at the complience plate there will be a color code that then will lead you to the coulor name and paint fomular- if entered into a computer with a paint systemin it.

If you give me the paint code i can get it for you, as i do mobile cosmetic touch ups for a job and have a paint system in my van.

Cheers Damo

damo1
21-10-10, 03:06 PM
Mate did you get my email response to yours??

If you did i'm guessing your not interested??

The Zero and CoPilot
23-10-10, 03:22 PM
Looking to touch up some parts of the car, its exactly the same colour as this one but im unsure of the code, does anybody know what the colour code is ?

Hi all,

We have a new Platinum in Ironbark colour, two stonechips on right guard. (Glad I wasn't driving!) Found the paint code which is C06. Doesn't come up in the computors of the panel beaters, paint shops we have tried. Rang MMAL who asked for the vin, and gave me the code CMC 1006, called greyish brown (YUK). Took this to a paint/panel on Friday, didn't ring any bells on his computer. Anyone got a solution?
Cheers,
The Copilot

Stevie-Ray
23-10-10, 04:26 PM
Hi all,

We have a new Platinum in Ironbark colour, two stonechips on right guard. (Glad I wasn't driving!) Found the paint code which is C06. Doesn't come up in the computors of the panel beaters, paint shops we have tried. Rang MMAL who asked for the vin, and gave me the code CMC 1006, called greyish brown (YUK). Took this to a paint/panel on Friday, didn't ring any bells on his computer. Anyone got a solution?
Cheers,
The Copilot

I found that the auto paint suppliers were more knowledgeable about paint codes, even telling me whether a colour is available as an acrylic or an enamel, 1 or 2-pack. There seems to only one such supplier listed in the Hervey Bay area & that's Paint City;
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/qld/pialba/paint-city-12160427-listing.html
Have you tried them?

Cheers ;)

The Zero and CoPilot
23-10-10, 06:00 PM
Thanks for that. Yes, Paint City guy is going to contact their Sydney mob on Monday, he couldn't bring up either code. One of the paint suppliers mixed up a colour that didn't look anything like it, supposedly to the code we gave him. Bit of an exercise this paint matching bizzo, pity they don't supply some touch up paint on delivery.
Cheers,mate.

Zero

damo1
24-10-10, 10:40 AM
A number of manufactures only use one paint code for a number of different colours.

Ford, mazda, opel are just a couple that do exactly that.

When you go into a paint system it is then a matter of flicking through and actually finding the color you want out of the different colors that all have the same code.:think1[1]:

It aint new its been around for ages and a good paint supplier or panel shop painter will have no trouble finding the color you are after on the spot.

If the paint supplier mixed up a color that was the wrong color for that code, it means that all he did was put in the code and mix up the first color on the top of the list.

Not every one who works in a paint supply shop is that bright some are just drop kicks that are just doing a job to get paid at the end of the week, they dont care if it's the wrong color they just then pass the problem off to someone else.

IE: He aint got any idea what he's doing and doesn't care probably for that matter!!

There are quality paint supply shops and there are paint supply shops.

You be the judge of the one you are using if they didn't question your code and went ahead and mixed up the wrong color.:dunno[1]:

At the end of the day these clowns make the guys that have the smarts look like tools also because of their incompitence.

Go to a decent shop and you'll get quality results, the guys we use are on their game and get it right 100% of the time, because they are professional and ask the question if there are conflicting colors on a paint system as a result of a paint code.