PDA

View Full Version : Disapointed after 4WD excursion

triggs
26-09-10, 01:03 PM
Dear Mitsubishi
(1) We went on a trip along sandy tracks and the corrugated road to cape leveque in the 2008 Pajero.

The rear courtesy light (above rear door) fell out, the sunvisor plastic clip broke.

This car has such plasticky fittings I dread how it will end up after 5 or 6 years.

(2) Some useful things are standard now on family cars (such as our old falcon) such as auto-headlight switching, audible low fuel warning alerts.This car has none of this nice touches.

The rear view mirror has a pretty much useless electronic sensorwith a glowing green ledforbright headlights in the rear view mirror.

I can not recall ever having such a problem and i think this is a bad choice of gadgetry that could have put to better use such low fuel warning alerts.

I'm giving this car a 3 out of 5 rating. :drive[1]:

amr75wcr
26-09-10, 02:31 PM
I would have thought that if the Pajero has the auto tinting rear view mirrior it would have auto headlights, maybe they need to be turn on as the default setting in other Mitsubishis and other manufactures is off. As for the low fuel warning i am not sure about the 2008 but in the 2004 paj only a blind man could miss the orange glow from the cluster when you are nearly out of motion lotion. If the only complaint is about some minor interior fittings, yes the light did fall out but maybe someone had it out at some stage and never did the srew tight enough. All in All how did the Paj perform, ours has done 90 k around oz including the Cape, Frances Perron and the south west with more to come, and has not missed a beat mechanically and can certainly holds its own against the Toyotas and Nissans of the world at a much more reasonable cost.

marcthelegend
26-09-10, 02:50 PM
Hi Triggs,

Careful with corrugations and screws, had the one of the grab handles come off once when 4x4ing .. was a good laugh for a while then did the screw up checked all the other while i was at it, found that 3/5 handles were loose :S

Every now and then I do a quick checklist of common occuring problems.

Happy Motoring!!

Marc

sharkcaver
26-09-10, 05:50 PM
How could you complain about anything after being up the Dampier Peninsular!

Lucky so and so.

Shane.

TheTaipan
26-09-10, 06:44 PM
Dear Mitsubishi
(1) We went on a trip along sandy tracks and the corrugated road to cape leveque in the 2008 Pajero.

The rear courtesy light (above rear door) fell out, the sunvisor plastic clip broke.

This car has such plasticky fittings I dread how it will end up after 5 or 6 years.

(2) Some useful things are standard now on family cars (such as our old falcon) such as auto-headlight switching, audible low fuel warning alerts.This car has none of this nice touches.

The rear view mirror has a pretty much useless electronic sensorwith a glowing green ledforbright headlights in the rear view mirror.

I can not recall ever having such a problem and i think this is a bad choice of gadgetry that could have put to better use such low fuel warning alerts.

Whats wrong with turning the headlights on your self oh and a light comes on the dash for low fuel. Jesus are we getting that soft we need someone or something to do everything for us.

Auto headlights I think are just a waste. Drive through Sydney and you see cars behind you go under bridges and the lights come on, go off, come on......

rawlos
26-09-10, 07:10 PM
Feel free to take it back and get a falcon the paj is one of the best on the market .As for stuff falling off have you ever thought that the previous owner may have mucked around with it and it is actulley broken and not falling apart GO THE PAJ ????

Zed
26-09-10, 07:50 PM
Did you let any pressure out of your tyres? :confused:
Its suprising how many people are too lazy or dont do this and only think to do it driving on sand
Driving on corrugated and rough roads with full tyre pressure will shake things loose in any model car

masgrob
26-09-10, 08:01 PM
Dear Mitsubishi

Soundz like a under cover Prado driver to me!!!!!

Stroker
26-09-10, 09:09 PM
Auto headlights should have 3 sensitivity settings and a time delay that doesnt let them too activate until 5 seconds or so of being in the dark. I think a forum member here from NZ has a Jap import with auto lights and my NP has the blanking plate in the centre of the dash pad.

Cheers Glenn

marquis
26-09-10, 09:11 PM
On the NP I had no problems with the vehicle except for the after market equipment. That cape road isn't too bad...

If you have things like lights fall out, clips break - something doesn't sound right...

green monster
27-09-10, 08:20 AM
the light cover fell off and the sunvisor clip broke !! and your complaining!!
Ive past many tow trucks up the Cape (york) loading other branded 4bys (read; late model Landcruiser,hilux and pootrols) with broken axles spring mounts blown engines and worse, and not a Paj among them !
It got you there and back and thats all that went wrong, im amazed my Paj is still going after the places its been (Flinders,Kakadu,Litchfield,savannah way,Cape york,Binns track,Oodnadatta track,and more) after my trip around this country im astonished the doors havnt fallen off, my visor clip broke years ago easy fixed $10 part, I did a wheel bearing but she still done 800kms of corrugations before it was fixed and has NEVER let me down , maybe you should go buy a Prado????
my next car will be another Pajero for sure,, they are solid
Also i watched the Finke desert race,, not a prado or landcruiser among them ,,plenty Pajs tho!!

TheTaipan
27-09-10, 08:53 AM
Auto headlights should have 3 sensitivity settings and a time delay that doesnt let them too activate until 5 seconds or so of being in the dark. I think a forum member here from NZ has a Jap import with auto lights and my NP has the blanking plate in the centre of the dash pad.

Cheers Glenn

Don't need them mate as I have three sensitivity settings. 1: I can see so it must be day time. 2: Light is failing so it must be dusk. 3: I can't see must be dark turn lights on.

See how easy it is.

Stroker
27-09-10, 09:09 AM
Hi

Don't forget auto headlights also come with an off switch for people who have a heightened sense of awarness of when its night and day

Cheers Glenn

apsilon
27-09-10, 01:27 PM
The Exceed has auto lights so if that's a priority feature then that's the model to go for.

SimmoT
30-09-10, 10:18 AM
G'day,

On a recent trip we had the "pleasure" of kms and kms of corrugations, including the worst condition I've seen Ningaloo road and the 4wd access track from Coral Bay to Ningaloo in my life!!

Fully loaded (not towing) as we tented everywhere, HD springs on the car, and dropped from 40psi on the black stuff to 30psi for track/corrugations/etc (18 on sand).

After all the shaking and banging the only thing I found was the front bar had dropped 2mm or so (normal after its first proper run) and one plastic screw from the trim in the drivers footwell. When conditions allowed I found 70-80kmh seemed to be a magical speed where the vibrations and shaking was almost nonexistent......:dunno[1]:

Love that car!!! :clap2[1]:

Cheers:beer[1]:

Simmo

P.S. - we were all a bit tired and grumpy the day we left Ningaloo Station and headed back to the main road and were frankly sick to death of corrugations that morning..........so hence we could do nothing more than crack up laughing when with about 2kms to go we passed the grader coming in the other direction...........shoulda stayed another day......:lol9[1]:

Ranger J
30-09-10, 10:45 AM
Are you serious? Is that all you have to complain about?

Do you honestly expect to buy a car and have nothing go wrong?

Sounds like a car with reasonable build quality to me.

marquis
30-09-10, 12:08 PM
On the bad dirt roads I ran 20 to 24psi hot. Makes a massive difference.

peter92
30-09-10, 12:59 PM
some people complain about the smallest things, just because it says 4x4 on it does not mean its not distructable, any condition can make something come loose
most of it is called maintenance. i check mine al the time because its part of having a 4x4, as for lights, do it manually and you will have no problems
regards peter

bakerboy
30-09-10, 01:08 PM
Im not shocked he's complaining, i mean, who calls a 4wd trip an excursion? last time i went on an excursion i was 10 and we went to the zoo

peter92
30-09-10, 01:17 PM
maybe he means exsertion from things coming out, but any way, im having one of those wheni get to the cape and down to vic

Richo-NT
30-09-10, 07:37 PM
Having a look at the things which he claims broke on his car on my own car, I just don't see how corrogations could have broken them... but whatever!

Surely you have some sort of idea of how much fuel you have in your car... I mean honestly who drives around never glancing at how much fuel they have left untill they hear a chime? Geez in the outback thats the sort of stuff that see's you stuck on the side of the road!

And the rear view mirror dimmer? honestly who cares.. And auto headlight switch? Surely the beeeeeeeeeeeeeep the car makes if you leave your lights on is sufficient to remind you to turn them off... honestly

Undercover Prado owner much???

marcthelegend
30-09-10, 08:34 PM
If the fuel chime thing is so important, find the wire that supplies the light, and add a mini buzzer on a timer so it sounds ever 10 mins or so.

Auto headlights? Super Cheap Auto have an auto headlight kit that does the same thing as a factory unit would and it only costs 25 dollars and you can install yourself! hmm must get on of those lol, miss the days of not having to worry about turning on the lights. Thought what I ideally want is the headlights to be 'always on with ignition' mainly as a safety thing, people will always be able to see a car with headlights better than one without.

Cheers

Marc

Bing
02-10-10, 08:33 PM
triggs (http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/member.php?u=17709) http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/images/styles/silverblue/statusicon/user_offline.gif

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif dealer service charge
I'm wondering how much ball park figure it is for a 75,000KM serviceon my 2008 Pajero?

If I get it serviced outside of a dealership will they still have access to read the cars computer etc etc?http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/images/smilies/smiley_watchout%5B1%5D.gif
Is this the same vehicle that he was corrugated to disappointment in?
Hmmmm maybe the other 70,000Kms contributed?

:dunno[1]:

paulisok
03-10-10, 06:57 AM
Sounds like somone needs to go down to bunnings, bye a bag of cement and "harden the f^^^ up"

MickyDeee
03-10-10, 10:37 AM
Talk about making a mountain out of a m o l e hill , maybe some of you lot need to "harden the f up " and leave the guy alone and the rest of you stop being sheep.

Pickle
03-10-10, 11:09 AM
And maybe you all need to settle down a bit!
Dave

David Anderson
03-10-10, 03:39 PM
Well, I would agree with the guy about some elements of the build quality, but whatever faults a Pajero might or might not have, handling & ride on a rough dirt road is, IMHO, awesome and easily the best in any 4x4 I've owned.

If I was doing a big trip with lots of rough road, I would expect some problems from any vehicle.

TheTaipan
03-10-10, 06:26 PM
Talk about making a mountain out of a m o l e hill , maybe some of you lot need to "harden the f up " and leave the guy alone and the rest of you stop being sheep.

Baa.