PDA

View Full Version : How to get stuff out of the seat rails

Herman4x4
02-09-10, 07:56 PM
Hi,
I have an NP, and had a AAA battery and some coins in the pen holder in the console, went around a corner, and they slid down the side of the passenger seat. I have looked under and all around the seat but could not find the battery or coins. I have noticed that if I brake hard or accelerate hard I can hear the coin roll up and down the track of the seat rail.
Is there and easy way to remove all of the plastic trim so I can get to the rails, or do I have to take the front seat out?
Thanks,
Andrew.

Brettm357
02-09-10, 08:17 PM
4 bolts easy to access complete seat base comes out

ngwagon
02-09-10, 08:22 PM
have you tried a vacume to get it out?

Herman4x4
02-09-10, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the replies. Will have a look over the weekend. I didn't think of the vacume, and it is worth a shot.
Regards,
Andrew.

Old Paj
02-09-10, 10:07 PM
Have a look in the door pocket. I thought I had lost my mobile which was on the seat and that is where it turned up :o

peejay68au
03-09-10, 01:27 AM
I thought I had lost my mobile which was on the seat and that is where it turned up :o

I lost my mobile and was blaming everyone for nicking it,:disappointed[1]: found it when I took the console out on the weekend. Cost me $15 to get a new sim card.:curse5[1]:

Herman4x4
03-09-10, 12:46 PM
Yep, checked the door pockets, but haven't thought about in the consol. Might have to have a look in there as it is easy enough to pulkl the cup holders out.
Cheers,
Andrew.

Fro
03-09-10, 03:41 PM
A magnet maybe? A strong one obviously.

Stevie-Ray
03-09-10, 07:18 PM
...roll your Paj, but I wouldn't recommend doing that! :o
Next best thing is to drive over some very rough terrain!
You could tell your missus that you're going to clean-up the interior of your 4wd, then disappear for a day or so!
Only drawback is that you'll have to clean the exterior when you return! :D

Cheers :)

Herman4x4
03-09-10, 10:03 PM
Stevie-Ray love the idea of having to go away, ay excuse. Am going to in a few weeks with a few of the boys, so can use that as another excuse to go!