PDA

View Full Version : Colour codes

luke.k1983
17-08-10, 08:53 PM
Hi,
after reading few threads here and elsewhere i still cant find my color code.
On the chassis it says Paint: MZ Trim: A2 and it doesnt seem to exist. Ive been to two stores today and they told me they dont have that color in their system. Any ideas what does this color match to?

Thanks

Luke

peter92
17-08-10, 08:57 PM
under my bonnet i have a plate with codes on it ,do you have it. one no is pant code and the other is trim. what colour is yours

luke.k1983
17-08-10, 09:06 PM
I found this:

Paint: MZ
Trim: A2

But neither Supercheap nor Auto One can find the code in matching tables

Stevie-Ray
17-08-10, 09:30 PM
My codes are NS for paint (that really common metallic green), & A2 for trim (boring old grey),
but Luke, I thought from your pics that your trim was blue!

Obviously MM must have found that a 2-alpha/numeric code was inadequate for all their paint & trim colours, but does anyone know when did they change & do the old codes have new equivalents?

Cheers :)

Rendrag
17-08-10, 09:36 PM
I found this:

But neither Supercheap nor Auto One can find the code in matching tables

*grin* They won't - you'll need to go to a 'real' paint store.. They can tell you the *actual* paint codes referred to by 'MZ' (no idea what A2 refers to, as it's *NOT* the paint, according to the local paint mixer bloke here..)

E.G mine reads:

Paint: JD
Trim: A5

the local paint bloke looked up JD, and gets:

Main: GX - Moonlinght Blue Pearl
Trim: GF - Silver

Good luck :)

Cheers,

DG

peter92
17-08-10, 09:45 PM
auto paint shop can tell you what it is

luke.k1983
17-08-10, 10:04 PM
Stevie - it looks blueish but is grey tho. But don't know where to find conversion tables
Peter - Auto One, they mix paints and he said he cant find the color anywhere
Rendrag - they do mix car colors, but it was same story with him and MZ. He showed me all different colors he has for Mitsu but no MZ or A2. So I think there must be some conversion chart for it or so. I saw somewhere else that he had color ** and he bought touch up paint few years back but cannot buy it today, could be something to do with the age of the car ??

peter92
17-08-10, 10:19 PM
i will go to where i got my paint from last week and get the code for you. can you give me your vin no and paint codes. will let you no what it is in the morning

Rendrag
17-08-10, 10:26 PM
Stevie - it looks blueish but is grey tho. But don't know where to find conversion tables
Peter - Auto One, they mix paints and he said he cant find the color anywhere
Rendrag - they do mix car colors, but it was same story with him and MZ. He showed me all different colors he has for Mitsu but no MZ or A2. So I think there must be some conversion chart for it or so. I saw somewhere else that he had color ** and he bought touch up paint few years back but cannot buy it today, could be something to do with the age of the car ??

It's only 2 years older than mine, so I don't think it'd be a hassle? The bloke (bullseye auto parts, gorokan - up here on the central coast) just fired up his paint tinting program, put in mitsubishi, two-tone, punched in the code, and wrote down the two colour codes. then went back to one-tone, punched in the blue code, printed out the tinting sheet, and headed out the back to mix it up for me :)

luke.k1983
17-08-10, 10:43 PM
Dunno, he tried to find it on a computer but couldnt

I had a look in the engine bay and only paint codes I could find were:

No other labels.

VIN: JMFNH5Z25NJ010218

Thanks guys anyway

Luke

peter92
17-08-10, 10:49 PM
ok no worries,see what i can do

peter92
17-08-10, 10:52 PM
i gather its a nh

Stevie-Ray
17-08-10, 11:58 PM
It's only 2 years older than mine, so I don't think it'd be a hassle? The bloke (bullseye auto parts, gorokan - up here on the central coast) just fired up his paint tinting program, put in mitsubishi, two-tone, punched in the code, and wrote down the two colour codes. then went back to one-tone, punched in the blue code, printed out the tinting sheet, and headed out the back to mix it up for me :)

If a place can't find the code easily, go elsewhere as they'll probably botch the tinting as well!
Also if you're spraying, use a decent spray-gun, not a cheapy! Mine is actually a touch-up gun with a cup (rather than a can underneath) which has less wastage, but I didn't buy a large gun as the compressor I had was only 1HP. Anyway what's even more important is to have a good filter/regulator to remove any moisture which can cause that lovely 'orange-peel' finish with the little bubbles in it! :(

Cheers :)

Jackmac
18-08-10, 08:43 AM
Hi Luke,

On our system MZ is a two tone code which equals HP Grace Silver Metallic + MJ Normandie Blue Metallic.

Hope this helps

peter92
18-08-10, 06:14 PM
luke went to paint shop today and this is what it is
two tone
hp/h84-grace silver met
b42-normandie blue met
that is what your codes are
thanks
regards peter

luke.k1983
18-08-10, 06:48 PM
thanks Peter! much appreciated so that now I can finish my work on it :-)

Luke

peter92
18-08-10, 07:07 PM
no worries, glad i cuold help
regards peter