• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zacc
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007

poly air bags

has any one fitted poly air bags to a nm paj? if so what did you do to over come the bolt that hangs down inside the coil spring? cheers
  • psproule
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Googong, NSW

Yup. The polyairs come with a rubber stand-off that goes over the bolt. About an inch and a half thick. The air line also goes through it and requires a hole to be drilled through the top spring saddle.

Pat
    2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
    2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Enric
      • Jul 2007
      • Barcelona (Spain)

I put the bags reversed and the air tubes trought the inside of the arm suspension to the exterior near the sock. In that way no hole was needed.
      Regards,

Enric
      Barcelona, Spain
      2002 NM 3.2 Did

Comment

• TX Montero
        • Dec 2007
        • Dallas, Texas USA

Originally posted by psproule View Post
        Yup. The polyairs come with a rubber stand-off that goes over the bolt. About an inch and a half thick. The air line also goes through it and requires a hole to be drilled through the top spring saddle.

Pat
        I've been looking to do this exact mod myself; however, in the US this kit isn't listed as available. I've only found it listed internationally.

So, any advice on ordering it from somewhere in Australia or Europe and having it shipped? That is, does anyone know of a company that will ship internationally?

Also, and more importantly, did the kit you've used work with a lifted suspension? I have the OME Heavy Duty springs for my NM. I suspect this provides about 50mm (if my math is right)/ 2 inches of lift. I was wondering if the air bags will still provide support in that case or if I'd have to look for longer bags? What about one of their lift spacers on top of the bag?

The kit I found was here: http://www.driveriteltd.com/cimgs/dr...mplete2007.pdf and the kit number is: 4247.

OR

# CR 5002 (firestone coil-rite) if you look here: http://www.airbagman.com.au/Light%20...AirbagApps.pdf

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks gents.

Tony

Comment

• kevshaz
          • Jul 2007

Hi Tony,
          Try http://www.polyair.com.au/
          I'm sure they will post to the US. When ordering remember to ask for a set that suits a 2 inch lift. Mine came with an extra block for under the springs as well as the block for on top.

Mine work well with a 2 inch lift and IMO help the handling slightly.

Kev
          2000 NM,Duel Fuel, 50mm Lift, ARB Bar,Ironman 12000lb Winch, Lightforce spots, Cooper ST's 265/75, 285/75 MT Baja Claws on Gu Rims, Milford, Drawer system, Dual Batteries, 60lt Engel, Carputer with 8 inch touch screen. Beer, Wife, Kids and sometimes dogs.

Comment

• TX Montero
            • Dec 2007
            • Dallas, Texas USA

Originally posted by kevshaz View Post
            Hi Tony,
            Try http://www.polyair.com.au/
            I'm sure they will post to the US. When ordering remember to ask for a set that suits a 2 inch lift. Mine came with an extra block for under the springs as well as the block for on top.

Mine work well with a 2 inch lift and IMO help the handling slightly.

Kev
            Kev,

Thanks so much for the recommendation...I will certainly check them out. I was wondering, how have you found these to help with additional weight in the rear? The issue I'm trying to resolve is sagging springs in the rear when I'm fully loaded with fridge, fuel, water, food, tools, etc. all towards the rear of the vehicle. I'm hoping this will help at least restore the lift back to unloaded height. Bonus would be to help control back-end drop when going over ledges.

Comment

• kevshaz
              • Jul 2007

hi Tony,

definately keeps the Paj level when fully loaded, I did the Simpson this year fully loaded and had no problems. Also helps stop the ar*e dragging over ledges, I am now on my second Gas (LPG)tank cover due to the first one being hit too many times on rocks and dunes. Since having the polyairs the back end stays up well stopping this from happening (well nearly).

Kev
              2000 NM,Duel Fuel, 50mm Lift, ARB Bar,Ironman 12000lb Winch, Lightforce spots, Cooper ST's 265/75, 285/75 MT Baja Claws on Gu Rims, Milford, Drawer system, Dual Batteries, 60lt Engel, Carputer with 8 inch touch screen. Beer, Wife, Kids and sometimes dogs.

Comment

• jc12456
                • Oct 2007

TX Montero - let me know if you find a plce you can order them from. I tried trucksping.com but had no luck. Found driveriteltd in Ireland but they were way too expensive. You can get them from the AirBagMan here in Oz but they want AUD 350 - trucksrping generally cahrge only USD100 for a kit. Problem is they do not have a listing for the Montero - only the Montero sport.

So in short if you find a kit in the USofA be sure to let us know where you get it from

Cheers
                JC

Comment

• Enric
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Barcelona (Spain)

I asked to truckspring some month ago, and they answer that in USA don't exist the NM,NP,NS kit.
                  Finally I buyed another kit from this store and make a little bit of handwork to put it in my NM. The price of truckspring worth it.
                  Regards,

Enric
                  Barcelona, Spain
                  2002 NM 3.2 Did

Comment

• Gus
                    Administrator
                    • Mar 2008
                    • Traralgon. Vic

G'day new to forum. I've had Poly air bags in mine since new they have 2 available 1 for standard and 1 for 50mm lift after market springs/shocks which I have if fitted as per instructions bolt is covered with rubber stand of sleave.
                    Have had no problems and tow 2 ton offroad van.
                    Cheers,Gus.
                    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X