PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof

luke.k1983
05-08-10, 12:27 AM
Has any1 fitted sunroof (manual, not sliding) to their car? Im thinking about getting one from wreckers but dunno how difficult it is to cut the roof etc.
Or how much did you pay to have that fit?

Thanks
Luke

Boydy79
05-08-10, 01:32 PM
Hi Luke,

I know that my response doesn't directly answer your question. But I have a NJ SWB GLS, which has the factory electric sunroof fitted, came fitted in the Paj from the factory etc.

But there is a QLD wrecker on eBay, who is selling what looks like a complete electric sunroof, including by looking at the photos, all the sunroof glass, and electrics, and the roof linings, and wind deflector too. Which are quite rare and hard to obtain.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JDM-Mitsubishi-SWB-Pajero-Sun-Roof-Cut-Japan-/380255972063?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588905aadf

Understand that fitting and instaling a full electric sunroof is more work than a manual one. But throught you'd might be interested and I know that this has been advertised on eBay for a while.

Cheers! :)

luke.k1983
06-08-10, 09:29 AM
Thats cool, thanks for the tip but after seeing the whole roof etc I'd rather stick to manual one for the sake of installation. I don't have any garage or shed I can do it in all I have is street and my friend's driveway. It does look good thats for sure, but too complicated for me.

Good tip tho

Cheers

Stevie-Ray
06-08-10, 11:12 AM
Thats cool, thanks for the tip but after seeing the whole roof etc I'd rather stick to manual one for the sake of installation. I don't have any garage or shed I can do it in all I have is street and my friend's driveway. It does look good thats for sure, but too complicated for me.

Looks a bit too much work to install, unless you had a damaged roof of course! :o
Aftermarket pop-up sunroofs don't seem so popular these days, & maybe cost is a factor as there are lots of U.S. websites selling them.
I prefer the pop-up in my NH to that slide-back one on eek-bay from a later model, as you can drive with it open in all but the heaviest rain & it can be removed fairly easily (has to be fully open before it can be, so you can leave it open a bit while parked).
However, there still a few places selling & fitting them here in Sydney.

Cheers :)

ngwagon
16-08-10, 09:34 PM
My ng lwb has the factory sliding power sun roof and I hate it. The seal is shagged and for 1500 for a new 1. I would not do it but if your keen go for it. Measure twice and cut once is what my wood work teacher kept telling me