PDA

View Full Version : Power Windows Lifters slow/weak (Gen 2)

UndeadHomer
12-07-10, 12:01 AM
G'Day, my power windows lifter are incredibly slow, especially on the LHS. I already unmounted the door cover and put some WD40 and grease onto the wires and into the rubberchannel, where the windows run in. But didn't last too long, rear window does even become stuck now and then and needs several tries to fully close.

Any idea ? All windows except the front one are genuine Mitsi parts. Is it worth the pain of unmounting the motor ?

Stevie-Ray
12-07-10, 02:44 AM
G'Day, my power windows lifter are incredibly slow, especially on the LHS. I already unmounted the door cover and put some WD40 and grease onto the wires and into the rubberchannel, where the windows run in. But didn't last too long, rear window does even become stuck now and then and needs several tries to fully close.

Any idea ? All windows except the front one are genuine Mitsi parts. Is it worth the pain of unmounting the motor ?

WD40 evaporates over time leaving some residue, but it can also affect the rubber window-seals. A better alternative is to use a silicon-grease or 'Ezy-glide'.
If the windows seem to vary in speed, (like my d/s), I would look at the seals before the motor if it did improve with lubrication. The seals on my shorty are clearly perishing & I should replace them.
Unsure which is cheaper, seals or winder-motor?

Cheers

UndeadHomer
19-08-10, 02:52 PM
getting worse day by day and i am keen to change the window and/or the lifter. greasing did not help at all.

does anyone know which 2nd gen models came with the same window(s) as the nk gls ? are they all the same (the wrecker who build in the aftermarket window told me so, but since it causes problems i am not sure wether it is an aftermarket window or the wrong model window issue. or maybe the lifter is just getting older...) ? same question for the motor and the cables which lift the window ?

peter92
19-08-10, 06:15 PM
i have a full set of window motors and sliders, all complete for sale, pm me
regards peter