Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public ForumPajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 23-01-10

Default Active Stability Control light appearing

Hi everyone
i was wondering has anyone had a problem with the ASC on the 08 pajero.
it is coming on when we do over 80kmph, the car has gas.
the Engine Control light also came on but the dealer told us that was the gas running lean.
has anyone else had a problem with the ASC control light?
thanks
Jack
Old 23-01-10
Valued Member

The Engine Control light should NOT EVER come on unless there's a fault. Take it back to the dealer or gas installer and get it checked. I run injected gas on my NM and have NEVER had the EC light come on for any reason.

The ASC light could be due to different diameter tyres on the same axle. Are the tyres all the same? Make and age?
NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.
Old 23-01-10

I have just had the ASC off light on, was due to flat battery, started car and took for a drive still remained on, Disconnected battery for a while then reconnected, light was still on drove for about 10 minutes and went out, has not returned.
Old 24-01-10

Recently fitted a prodigy brake controller to my 08 ns. When I connected to the van to check it appeared o.k. but after disconnecting I put the ns back in the garage and noticed the ascoff light was lit and the prodigy lights had gone out.
After checking other threads re controllers I rechecked my wiring, all appeared as it should be, I re connected to the van and all appears well this time no asc light. It has got me puzzled the prodigy only connects to power, earth, the brake switch and the caravan brakes. How can these affect the asc
Old 24-01-10

i was working on a holden statesman a few weeks ago that was running on dual fuel. and there was a message on the centre consol the said not to use traction control while on gas. not sure why but maybe that is what is causing the issue.
Old 25-01-10

I have had these problems, first happened while driving at fraser island, traction control and stability control lights coming on randomly. on the trip back nearing Brisbane the CEL came on. Took it back to Mitsubishi and they refuse to look at it, claim it is because of the gas, not sure how as they won't look at it. Has been back tothe gas people three times with no faults found. Back to mitsubishi same story, all sorts of comments from the service manager (who also rang and abused the gas installer because the gas people said there was nothing wrong with the gas) "this engine is not suitable for gas," "they probably didn't wire it properly when the cut the loom" the loom is plug and play. "Mitsubishi don't nkow anything about gas systems" mitsubishi co designed this system (Impco).

If you or anybody has any information on this subject I would appreciate it as I am trying to find anything I can so that I can take this further with MMA.

Michael.

By the way my car is now running fine and have done absolutley nothing.
Old 26-01-10
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe323 View Post
i was working on a holden statesman a few weeks ago that was running on dual fuel. and there was a message on the centre consol the said not to use traction control while on gas. not sure why but maybe that is what is causing the issue.
The reason why gas and traction controls do not bode well together is the heightened risk of a backfire causing engine damage.

Apparently it's something to do with the engine being cut back momentarily as the traction control works, however, the gas builds up in the engine at this time and as soon as it starts to go again a bigger amount of gas ignites which can cause damage.

The current Ford Falcon's that are LPG don't have traction control for this reason. Petrol ones have them standard - which is the only reason why petrol Falcon's have 5 star safety rating and the LPG only have 4.
COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia
Old 26-01-10

the traction control works fine with the pajero. The impco system uses the original mitsubishi computer so all functions still work including the fuel consumption readouts (bar the distance to empty), being injected it should never backfire. Also when the CEL comes on and puts up the code for running lean it is actually because it is running rich, so I was told by the gas people.

Buck
Old 27-01-10

Buck, sounds like you and I have a similar problem. I have the traction control light come on mainly on a run. Park turn off the car turn back on light goes out. Country MD had no idea of why. I also once had the engine yellow light come on during a trip took to MD and they indicated running lean. Took car to gas installers who said it was fine replaced both the air filter? and the gas filter as part of a service light hasnt come on again. All a bit strange.
Car on gas is great, runs well heaps cheap besides the lights issue I am very pleased. Gas installed at puchase done 40K all good. Can anyone else help Buck and I.
Old 06-03-10

Default ASC Light comes on and stays lit

We have recently had the ASC light come on for no reason while driving in 2 wheel drive on the highway and pressing the switch has no effect ie the light stays lit no matter how many times you press the button. We have found that the only way to turn it off is to stop the car turn the ignition off and back on again. We have a standard ns manual diesel without gas, will have to take it back to a dealer once we get back to Brisbane from our trip to Adelaide.