• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burgerman
    • Oct 2009

new remote for NP

Hi,

I'm new to the forum having just bought an NP Exceed this month. I only have one remote for the keyless entry system, and I was wondering if anyone had bought an extra remote and either had it keyed to your car, or done it yourself.

I have read stuff about doing it yourself as well as seen sites from america which provide you with the tools to plug into your diagnostic port, so if anyone has done this any insight would be helpful,

thanks

bryan
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Hi Bryan, I've done it. Its easy as. Short pin 1 of your mutt connector to earth and follow these instructions attached.

Just make sure you get the correct remote. Mine required a G8D-523M-A as I subsequently found out after purchasing the wrong type first time around.
    Cheers,

Shane.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sharkcaver; 30-11-09, 08:32 PM. Reason: added correct remote bit
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• burgerman
      • Oct 2009

cool, thanks shane, that is just the info I was hoping for!

Comment

• Pollys NP
        • Jan 2011
        • Springdale Heights NSW

Keyless Remote

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
        Hi Bryan, I've done it. Its easy as. Short pin 1 of your mutt connector to earth and follow these instructions attached.

Just make sure you get the correct remote. Mine required a G8D-523M-A as I subsequently found out after purchasing the wrong type first time around.
        Cheers,

Shane.
        Hi All just purchased 2003 Exceed with no remotes. MM wanted $400 for a new one including programming. Said I would use the key/s supplied. However after mentioning same the son in law gave me a remote ie: G8D-523M-A to suit he had lying around from a prior work vehicle. Not mechanically/electrically astute but not keen on paying MM good $$ if the remote can be programmed by self and willing to have a go.

Where exactly is the "diagnosis connector" and DIY instructions says to "connect terminal No. 1 to earth" before doing the programming.

How and what do you use to connect terminal No. 1 to earth. Simple instructions and or pics an advantage. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• pjchris
          • Jun 2007

THe diagnosis connector is under the drivers dash close to the center console.

What I do is get a cheap multimeter and click the probes in to the connector in pins 1 an 4 (4 is earth). Just push them in, mine click into place and don't fall out. Then put the key in the ignition (Leave it in the off position) and plug the other end of the multimeter leads in the 10A current spots. The multimeter doesn't need to be on either. Then push the hazard switch repeatedly until the doors lock and unlock.

Then push either of the buttons on the remote so that the doors lock and unlock.

When you have finished with all of your remotes just pull the multimeter probes out of the connector.

Peter
          2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

• Pollys NP
            • Jan 2011
            • Springdale Heights NSW

Thanks for the info Peter will get onto it asap owe you a .

Comment

• Handy Andy
              • May 2010
              • Brisbane

Remotes

You blokes are sooooo clever
              Does any one know if the G8D-523M-A is the correct remote for an NM and if not do you know what is and where is a good place to start looking to purchase them .
              Thanks again Andy

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

G8D 523M-A, I believe that is correct. Certainly is for my NP.
                I programmed a second remote, easy as when you know how.

Note 6 presses of the hazzard switch is required (3 times on, 3 times off)

Shane.
                MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• pjchris
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Handy Andy View Post
                  You blokes are sooooo clever
                  Does any one know if the G8D-523M-A is the correct remote for an NM and if not do you know what is and where is a good place to start looking to purchase them .
                  Thanks again Andy
                  Yes it is... NM and NP use the same remote. I know, I bought two identical remotes and programmed one for me and one for my friends NP.

Peter

ps. There are three auctions for remotes on Flea Bay that are the right kind. At least they are the same part numbers that I bought. And a lot cheaper than Mitsubishi, although they are used.
                  Last edited by pjchris; 14-02-11, 08:27 PM.
                  2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

• Handy Andy
                    • May 2010
                    • Brisbane

remotes

Thanks Shane and Peter
                    I'll see what I can sort out on ebay... not flash at this stuff but I'll have a look and see. I've copied/printed your instructions so all should be good
                    thanks again

Comment

• Farouk
                      • Sep 2010
                      • Victor Harbor

Clarification

[I]THe diagnosis connector is under the drivers dash close to the center console.

What I do is get a cheap multimeter and click the probes in to the connector in pins 1 an 4 (4 is earth). Just push them in, mine click into place and don't fall out. Then put the key in the ignition (Leave it in the off position) and plug the other end of the multimeter leads in the 10A current spots. The multimeter doesn't need to be on either. Then push the hazard switch repeatedly until the doors lock and unlock.

Then push either of the buttons on the remote so that the doors lock and unlock.

When you have finished with all of your remotes just pull the multimeter probes out of the connector.

Peter

Peter, does it matter which lead you place into the 10amp? ie the red or the black. I would imagine the red but just checking.
                      Colin

Comment

• sharkcaver
                        • May 2009
                        • Perth

Black goes to common, red to either amps or volts port depending upon what you intend measuring. There should be no difference if you swapped them around. But why add a multi into the circuit? you only need an electrical connection between pin 1 and earth. If your probe points are the right size, then I guess this is convenient. I just used a 1/2 straightened paperclip. Mind you, I needed to push a paperclip very deep to get an electrical connection.

Shane.

p.s. Diagnostic port detail attached. I dont know what could happen if you get it wrong, so use due care if shorting pins out. While this worked for me, I will not be responsible for anyone frying their ecu's etc.
                        Attached Files

My Journeys

Comment

• Farouk
                          • Sep 2010
                          • Victor Harbor

Originally posted by pjchris View Post
                          THe diagnosis connector is under the drivers dash close to the center console.

Originally posted by pjchris View Post
                          Peter

Peter, I take it that the black lead stays in the COM and the Red goe in to the 10amp

Colin

Comment

• Farouk
                            • Sep 2010
                            • Victor Harbor

Sorry about double posts did not see firstpost above Shane's reply
                            Saw your Post Shane with attached PDF file and then I read Peter's post and it seemed to be easier hence my query. I take it you are not impressed with Peter's method. I am a handy man certainly not into electronics.
                            Colin

Comment

• sharkcaver
                              • May 2009
                              • Perth

Originally posted by Farouk View Post
                              I take it you are not impressed with Peter's method. I am a handy man certainly not into electronics.
                              Colin
                              No, No not at all. If its easy and it works, go for it.

Shane.

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X