• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wrex
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007
    • Perth

Pic of the MMA ipod cable (inside)

Had the cable fitted a couple of months ago though some might be interested to see it is not just a simple cable you can buy from an electronics store.
  • Uncle Buck
    • Nov 2008

Actually yes it is as I have done it, three wires, a bit of heat shrink, a female socket and some solder, about $6 all up, here are the pics, sorry no pick of the socket but can post one if interested.
    Attached Files
    NS GLX V6 Manual, Black, Factory Diff Lock, LPG, XJS Gold Front Struts, King Springs Rear, GME 4400

Comment

• martyvan
      • Feb 2009
      • Brisbane North

guess you just need to know which hole to put all the wires in.... just out of curiousity, is one of those wires in the main plug (loom?) in behind the stereo for RADIO muting for use with a hands free kit?

Comment

• DennisF6
        • Sep 2008
        • Central QLD

Originally posted by Uncle Buck View Post
        sorry no pick of the socket but can post one if interested.
        I'd love to see a picture of that.

Dennis
        2008 25th Anniversary DID, ARB Deluxe bar and XGT's (55w HID kit), Yokohama Geolander AT's, Stauns, ARB compressor, (so far)
        Dennis from Rockhampton...

Comment

• Uncle Buck
          • Nov 2008

Here you go, plug can be picked up anywhere (dick smith, tandy, Jaycar) for about $2.50. By the way I have engineering drawings and photos for brackets to fit a GME4400 into the dash as shown in the pics if anyone is interested.

Buck.
          Attached Files
          NS GLX V6 Manual, Black, Factory Diff Lock, LPG, XJS Gold Front Struts, King Springs Rear, GME 4400

Comment

• Pajero West
            • Oct 2009
            • Perth

Hi U. Buck, I'm a newbee to the site, I've been following some old threads about the ipod connection and this latest one, the pics are very handy. Do you know what is being disconnected by attaching your 3.5mm socket to the blue, pink and yellow/black wires terminated in the plug? And how do you select between say radio and your ipod/mp3 player on the console. (I am assuming being the 3.5mm socket it will work for non-ipod players-I have a sony mp3)
            MY SWEET RIDE- NS GLX DID , rear diff locker, OME 2"lift, ARB Deluxe bar, Rhino Racks with Kayak bits plus DIY mp3 adaptor

Comment

• Uncle Buck
              • Nov 2008

Hello Westy,

I honestly have no idea what the three wires do, but I do know they don't have any effect on the operation of the radio (GLX radio)
              As for how to operate the mp3 player once connected, I didn't know this either and couldn't find it on here anywhere so here it is, you just press and hold the "CD" button for about 3 seconds and AUX will display and away you go, make sure that you have the volume on the mp3 player turned up. Yes I use a creative player, you just use a twin male 3.5mm jack between the two.

I also have a series of photos of how to pull the dash apart

Buck,

Comment

• Pajero West
                • Oct 2009
                • Perth

Most appreciated Uncle Buck. I've already got the dash apart and the cable run through to the centre console (There were a few OO-OO's and OH-OH's but got there without too much damage) thanks anyway. I'll hook it all up tomorrow with fingers crossed. I like the idea of putting the GME in that position. I couldn't think of a reason why there was a card holder when I bought the Paj a couple of months ago.

Cheers, P.W
                MY SWEET RIDE- NS GLX DID , rear diff locker, OME 2"lift, ARB Deluxe bar, Rhino Racks with Kayak bits plus DIY mp3 adaptor

Comment

• Pajero West
                  • Oct 2009
                  • Perth

Just for interest Uncle Buck, I've installed the mp3 plug through to the center console and back to the stereo and it works a treat so thanks for your tips. I've attached some photos. I used some old shielded wire from an amplifier install kit I had around the house and the 3.5mm jack cost me $1.30. Better than a slap in the face from MM.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Uncle Buck
                    • Nov 2008

Looks good, I only ran mine to where it is because I always have too much crap in the console and would never be able to get to it. The GME4400 is an excelent radio if you have the room for it, I have always liked the front facing speaker.

Buck

Comment

• Jasper
                      • Oct 2009
                      • Brisbane

Hi all,
                      New to this (first post). I have been following the ipod connection threads with great interest. Thanks to Uncle Buck and Pajero West for the pics and all others for the ideas and comments. Basically I don?t want to pay MMA a lot of cash to install an ipod cable to my glove box. Looking into following your lead and installing myself. I?m OK with the wiring side of things (fingers crossed) but am concerned about pulling down the dash.

Any advice would be great. Uncle Buck any chance for a look at the series of pics to see how to pull the dash apart.

Cheers,
                      Jasper
                      2007 NS VRX, Gunmetal Grey, Rhino Roof Racks and Basket, Towbar, Dual Battery (homemade portable dual battery in rear seat well), Awning, Milford Cargo Barrier, GME TX3100 UHF, Huge wish list.

Comment

• Pajero West
                        • Oct 2009
                        • Perth

Originally posted by Jasper View Post
                        Hi all,
                        New to this (first post). I have been following the ipod connection threads with great interest. Thanks to Uncle Buck and Pajero West for the pics and all others for the ideas and comments. Basically I don?t want to pay MMA a lot of cash to install an ipod cable to my glove box. Looking into following your lead and installing myself. I?m OK with the wiring side of things (fingers crossed) but am concerned about pulling down the dash.

Any advice would be great. Uncle Buck any chance for a look at the series of pics to see how to pull the dash apart.

Cheers,
                        Jasper
                        I didn't really follow a system just some hope and see. I started with the vents either side of the stereo by gently prying it with a couple of small flat blade screwdrivers, then moved onto the control face then the climate control face. from here you can unscrew the CD changer out. Be careful that you don't drop any of the clips down behind the dash and loose them like I did. You just need to take it easy and pry it gently around each face evenly so all the clips pop off about the same time. Good Luck.

Comment

• Uncle Buck
                          • Nov 2008

Can do Jasper, I will have a look for them tomorrow and will post them here.

Buck

Comment

• Jasper
                            • Oct 2009
                            • Brisbane

Originally posted by Pajero West View Post
                            I didn't really follow a system just some hope and see. I started with the vents either side of the stereo by gently prying it with a couple of small flat blade screwdrivers, then moved onto the control face then the climate control face. from here you can unscrew the CD changer out. Be careful that you don't drop any of the clips down behind the dash and loose them like I did. You just need to take it easy and pry it gently around each face evenly so all the clips pop off about the same time. Good Luck.
                            Thanks for the advice, I think I will need a bit of Luck.
                            Do you know if it affects the warranty of the car if I install myself?
                            2007 NS VRX, Gunmetal Grey, Rhino Roof Racks and Basket, Towbar, Dual Battery (homemade portable dual battery in rear seat well), Awning, Milford Cargo Barrier, GME TX3100 UHF, Huge wish list.

Comment

• Pajero West
                              • Oct 2009
                              • Perth

Not too sure. If it could be proved it caused the damage then no I don't think it would affect the warrenty. There are countless people out there with this modification so...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X