Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public ForumPajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 28-05-09

Default Headlight & Bonnet Protector

Just wondering if anyone has headlight and/or bonnet protectors fitted?

What brand and where did you get them?

I went to the local auto parts place and they say that Aunger don't make them, but some other plastics place they deal with does. Problem is they don't know how they fit the headlights and don't know and weren't interested in finding out if they have the horizontal white stripes you often see along the h/light covers.

I don't want to wait until I get a stone chip on the headlight lens before I get the covers.
Old 28-05-09

I have the genuine bonnet protector. Did not worry about the headlights as they are plastic already. Have not cracked the headlights but have some good bulls eyes on the windscreen, a couple of stone chips on the mudguards and a crack in one fog light!
Old 28-05-09
Valued Member

i have both the bonnet / head light and fog light protectors on my NM , all are genuine MM. have a look on Ebay as they have aftermarket protectors available now and then. i would say its a must to have these on any 4 x 4 vehicle as when you consider the cost of a new head light compared to the cost of these protectors , alot of dollars are saved. same as bonnet stone chips .
NM Exceed 3.5 Petrol, Speedy 16x 8 mag rims, Pirelli ATR Tyres, Extractors, stainless Exhaust oversize, stainless free flow Mufflers, Prozone Fuel Conditioner, Ironman Shocks and Springs, underbody Sump and Tranny guards, polished Bar and IPF Spotties.
Old 28-05-09
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemsley View Post
I have the genuine bonnet protector. Did not worry about the headlights as they are plastic already. Have not cracked the headlights but have some good bulls eyes on the windscreen, a couple of stone chips on the mudguards and a crack in one fog light!
I'd recommend the headlight protectors... one of mine has a lovely star in it from a rock (probably happend at the same time as the ones that hit the windsceen). A new protector will be much cheaper than a new headlight unit.

Have to get the new windscreen as rego's coming up.

The bonnet protector seems best at flicking bugs up over the roof rather than having them spalt into the windscreen

4WD History: 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Landrover Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL wagon. Learnt in a 1980 F100.

Some pics here.
Old 29-05-09

I have both, genuine MM. They look great. No lines across the headlight protectors. The bonnet protector comes in black with PAJERO across the centre (I have a black vehicle with the black bonnet protector and you can hardly notice there is anything there), and also in clear without writing.
Both very easy to install, as they come with instructions in the box. About 15-20 min to install everything.

Mark
Old 29-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by armara View Post
I have both, genuine MM. They look great. No lines across the headlight protectors. The bonnet protector comes in black with PAJERO across the centre (I have a black vehicle with the black bonnet protector and you can hardly notice there is anything there), and also in clear without writing.
Both very easy to install, as they come with instructions in the box. About 15-20 min to install everything.

Mark
Sounds like it may be best to get the MM items. Did you have to drill anywhere to fit them Mark?
Old 29-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackswine View Post
Sounds like it may be best to get the MM items. Did you have to drill anywhere to fit them Mark?
No drilling required.

I have MM bonnet, headlight and fog light covers. Cheap insurance for HID lights, especially when you are doing 4x4 trails with mates and they are flicking rocks up on you often.

Don't get the clear bonnet cover, as it's hard to clean behind it.

Headlights take about 5mins to fit. Bonnet takes about 10mins, fog lights are a massive pain in the arse to fit.
Old 29-05-09

Is the black bonnet protector a different shape to the clear making it easier to clean behind, or should I get black as it will hide the dirt behind it?
Old 29-05-09

I bought both for our current drive from Perth to Brisbane, via Melbourne, we are current in Adelaide.
I think it was about $70 for the head light protectors and about the same for the Bonnet protector. Headlights took about 2 minutes, they just clip on over the top, bonnet was a bit more fiddly with the rubber bonnet seal.
When we departed Perth the head light protector cam into play before we reached Kalgoorlie, a truck flicked up a stone and there is a large star in the middle of the drivers light protector, but the headlight has not been damaged.

I recommend both, if you leave the city

Mike

http://conthefruiterer.blogspot.com/
Old 29-05-09
BushSkinz 4x4

Does anybody have the black bonnet protector on a white or silver paj, would be nice to know what they look like before committing, I was also looking at these when I was in for service a few weeks ago.

Cheers,
Kieron (BushSkinz 4x4)

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]