• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

SA Trip 7/8 Dec Cape Elizabeth

I need to do a "shake-down" camping trip - a test run before I load up my new Paj and head for Victoria next year. MoreliaMatt's Cape Elizabeth post gave me a destination - so I'm heading that way December 7th, to have some fun in the sand and camp overnight.

Justin (geopaj) looks like he's coming too, which is good for me, as at least he's been there before. But even he's not sure exactly how to find the fun spots, so we're hoping that some fellow forumites who know the area will come along...

Even if you don't know the area, you're welcome to come and join us - overnight, or either day. We figure that Moonta is close enough to Adelaide for it to be a day trip, and if members want to come up on the Sunday I'm sure we can work out a meeting point. Old Jack's Peake students can test their new found skillz, and maybe Old Jack could come along to teach some new students?

Anybody?

Attendees:
    nj swb + 3 passengers - confirmed Saturday, Camping, Sunday
    geopaj - confirmed Saturday, maybe Camping
    mike nm paj - confirmed Saturday, meeting in Moonta
    hobbo +2 - confirmed Saturday, camping CP.
    glsgls - I think?

Maybe:
    Sub888 + crew
    XXXceed
    Douggeh
    m and m - Sunday only

Unavoidable withdrawal:
    Silver Streak - take care, see you next time

Edit: As geopaj suggests, bring a sand flag. If you don't have one, don't stress - but they are a good idea, so if you can get one between now and then, please do.

Update:

Meeting: coffee at 9am in Port Wakefield. We're in this for the off-road driving, not the highway driving, so let's get the highway behind us early.

Personally, I like Pope's Cafe, which is across the road from the Shell. I figure if we all aim to congregate somewhere around there, it should'nt be too hard to find each other. If anybody wants my mobile, send me a PM - I'm not a fan of posting phone numbers on teh interwebz.

At sub888's suggestion, let's nominate Channel 15 for meeting in Pt Wakefield.

Moonta Meet: Looks like a few members are heading up on Friday night, so it's probably a good idea to have a defined meeting point in the area. How about the carpark opposite the Bowls Club here. Channel 15.

Let's aim for 10am in Moonta, so we can hit the dunes sooner rather than later.

Camping: We have a few options for camping. If you're thinking of staying the night, please complete the camping permit as per the linked post - completing the permit doesn't mean we must camp there, but it helps keep our options open.

For those running OziExplorer, I've loaded MoreliaMatt's waypoints into a waypoint file, which is attached to this post. I hope it works...

Disclaimer:

"Subject to any insurance cover organised by the Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria ["the Club"], the Club accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property arising directly or indirectly from attending any trips advertised on this web-site. Forum members and other accompanying persons undertaking these trips do so at their own risk and should make their own enquiries as to any insurance cover. Trip participants acknowledge that in the event of inappropriate behaviour, the designated Trip Leader is entitled to ask the offending person or persons to leave. It is acknowledged by Forum members and other trip participants that the Pajero 4WD Club & the Pajero Club Public Forum web-site provides a forum for trips as a community service, and, whilst every care is taken by the Trip Leader, is not intended to convey any responsibility for the trips themselves on the part of the Club"
    Attached Files
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
  • Silver Streak
    Valued Member
    • May 2010
    • Adelaide. South Aust.

I'm up for another trip with the boys (and girls and kids) so put me down as starter.
    No aggressive "side step bending" rocks at this place, I would imagine? Just miles of beautiful soft sand.....ahhhh!!
    Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
    Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• mike nm paj
      • Aug 2013
      • adelaide

Hey guys count me in love to go and play in the sand

Mike
      2000 nm paj 2.8td arb bull bar 24" light bar arb under bonnet compressor tjm front air locker tjm 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2010
        • Cairns

Nope, you're safe there Tony. You won't be bending any more side steps at Cape Elizabeth, just be careful when playing in the dunes though. Don't drive over anything that you haven't visually checked first.... That's a standard rule though
        Unfortunately I'm busy that weekend, as is MoreliaMatt. We're heading down to Pt Elliott with the camper trailer for a night on that weekend, to attend a mates wedding.....
        Cheers, Dan.
        2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• geopaj
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
          Justin (geopaj) looks like he's coming too, which is good for me, as at least he's been there before. But even he's not sure exactly how to find the fun spots, so we're hoping that some fellow forumites who know the area will come along...
          Yep, I'm definitely coming.

What's the plan? (A day of playing in the sand on Saturday, camp, then home or more playing on Sunday???)

I'd also suggest attendees bring a sand flag if you've got one (I forgot to pack mine on my last trip to Cape Lizzie).
          Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
            Yep, I'm definitely coming.

What's the plan? (A day of playing in the sand on Saturday, camp,
            Yep

then home or more playing on Sunday???)
            Yes. Whatever people prefer. I'm happy to stay and play on the Sunday if people want to come only for that day, if people want to camp Saturday & leave Sunday morning, that's cool too.

I'd also suggest attendees bring a sand flag if you've got one (I forgot to pack mine on my last trip to Cape Lizzie).
            Good point! I should add that to the first post...
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• hobbo
              Valued Member
              • May 2009
              • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Happy Hobbo

Count me in Dudes, Mike NM Paj has just fitted my New H/D 50mm Kings, can't wait to play in the Sand Pit now!
              NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

• Silver Streak
                Valued Member
                • May 2010
                • Adelaide. South Aust.

As geopaj suggests, bring a sand flag. If you don't have one, don't stress - but they are a good idea, so if you can get one between now and then, please do.

I've tried to search this site for where can I buy a sand flag? But couldn't find anything.
                Poked around on eBay and the cheapest I could find is this one for $99.

A bit flash, I reckon, with a light as well on top.
                Also, what do most members recommend for the length/height of the pole? This one is 1.8m.

Last edited by Silver Streak; 16-11-13, 07:31 PM.
                Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• nj swb
                  Resident
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Adelaide

Tony, if you're feeling rich, go for it - but it doesn't need to be that flash.

You need a pole, and something to put on it.

I've been using one of those shock-corded collapsible tent poles - packs down nice and short for fitting in my old shorty. Others (like my father) use a length of electrical conduit strapped to the bullbar.

I wouldn't want anything shorter than 1.8m - probably 2 - 3m?

Flag - anything that will stand out from sand / scrub. Steal a flag from a bunting string somewhere? I've got a few "spares" that work agreed to donate to me (honestly - they were happy for me to cut a few flags from a length...) An old pair of red or yellow jocks, socks - a bloke I went wheeling with had a sand monkey on his flag pole.

Get creative.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Silver Streak
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2010
                    • Adelaide. South Aust.

$99+ is a bit rich I reckon also, and that was the cheapest??
                    Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Comment

• geopaj
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2007
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                      I've been using one of those shock-corded collapsible tent poles - packs down nice and short for fitting in my old shorty. Others (like my father) use a length of electrical conduit strapped to the bullbar.

I wouldn't want anything shorter than 1.8m - probably 2 - 3m?
                      That's what I use too

A pack of tent poles, a high vis tank top (which the wife sewed up into about 4 flag, a couple of cable ties and I had enough to make sand flags for me, my father and a couple of mates. Several of my flags have crossed the Simpson.

I believe that CAMS require a flag (at least) 3 meters from the ground and a flag 600cm2 (or 200mm X 300mm). If you have a roof rack, you'll only need a 1 meter stick/pole cable tied to the roof rack.

I wouldn't bother with eBay... ARB, TJM or Opp Lock all have flags for around the same $ as eBay!
                      Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• MoreliaMatt
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2013
                        • Adelaide

Will be a great day/weekend guys, unfortunately as Dan said earlier we are heading down to Pt Elliot for a mates wedding, so i wont be able to make it.

If you guys want any GPS waypoints for the place let me know.....

Have fun! Looking forward to all the pics!

Matt
                        | 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
                        | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
                        | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
                        | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

• sub888
                          • Oct 2012
                          • Barossa Valley

Me the missus and unknown amount of kids at this stage for a tentative.

Comment

• green monster
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2008
                            • Adelaide

I used a piece of electrical conduit with an orange bunting flag on the end , worked for years, just jammed between the rear spare wheel and it's bracket,
                            Have since purchased a black widow unit, reckon it's about 3metres, on the bulbar .
                            Pretty keen this weekend, my apprentice has the Monday off so I was planning a long weekend,,,
                            Might even have my suspension fitted by then,
                            NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• nj swb
                              Resident
                              • Jun 2007
                              • Adelaide

Originally posted by MoreliaMatt View Post
                              Will be a great day/weekend guys, unfortunately as Dan said earlier we are heading down to Pt Elliot for a mates wedding, so i wont be able to make it.

Have fun at the wedding.

If you guys want any GPS waypoints for the place let me know.....
                              Yes please!

Looking forward to all the pics!

Matt
                              So am I.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X