Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public ForumPajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 03-10-13
Valued Member

for a vehicle of that age and K,s on the clock, i would not except a re surface machine of the rotor discs if this is the problem i might add. NEW rotors should be fitted as no doubt they must have been faulty from day one .
other causes of front wobble are; lose wheel bearings / lose wheel nuts / uneven tire pressures in fronts / brake caliper issue / ABS fault /play in steering rack / worn tie-rod end / worn swing arm bushings.
NM Exceed 3.5 Petrol, Speedy 16x 8 mag rims, Pirelli ATR Tyres, Extractors, stainless Exhaust oversize, stainless free flow Mufflers, Prozone Fuel Conditioner, Ironman Shocks and Springs, underbody Sump and Tranny guards, polished Bar and IPF Spotties.
Old 03-10-13

I have this same issue... around 17k on the clock.
Old 04-10-13

I had this issue on NW at about 5k. Took it in and had the disks machined under warranty. Done 20k now with no further issues.
Old 07-10-13

I guess you have to remember that the NW at least, and maybe the NT, has larger rotors than the NP due to its towing capacity. I won't argue with the poor quality argument as Mine at 5000 k's had a shudder under brakes. I bought it at 5000 k's used. Just had rotors machined at 30k for $170. The front ones had to be done on car as they wouldn't fit in the off car machine at the place I went to.
Old 07-10-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeephater View Post
The front ones had to be done on car as they wouldn't fit in the off car machine at the place I went to.

Is this how they do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4qB6n1cm04

Hahahaha
Old 15-10-13
Valued Member

[QUOTE=d1xon;323833]Under braking, I have a wobble in the steering that I reckon is a dodgy brake rotor. The car is only 6 months and 9000 k's old, I sure hope it's covered under warranty, or there'll be trouble. Anyone else had rotor issues ?

Yes they fixed it under warranty but you would be better off saving for slotted/drilled rotors as the factory rotors are not real good, Ben