Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public ForumPajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 11-06-12

Default warning lights on dash

I have a NS V6 and my ASC, traction control light and engine light have come on and stayed on a couple of time over the past mouth, They do go off when i have driven a few km's turn off the engine and restart.
Anyone else had this problem if so what was the cause?
Old 11-06-12

Does your ABS light stay on too ??
Old 11-06-12

yeap they all do
drive alright no lose of power havn't put the ASC to the test to scared too
Old 12-06-12

Well took the truck into Mitsubishi today.
The fault code was cylinder 2 misfire, all they did was reset the code as the car was running fine. So now time will tell
Old 20-08-12

Default NS V6 Cylinder 2 misfire

Hi all. I have a NS V6 Pajero and keep getting the same fault, cylinder 2 misfire. Only happens on a cold start normally under 10 degree C. ABS and traction control lights come on then the engine warning light.

From talking to MM I understand the reason the ABS and traction control lights come on is if the engine is not operating 100% the ABS and traction control is disabled hence the lights. I have an OBD device so can read codes real time and clear the codes my self. It’s always cylinder 2 misfire and on a cold start. All MM dealer will do is clear the code and as the engine is warm when I take it there the fault can not be reproduced until engine is cold. I have replaced the timing belt and plugs at the 100000 km but still the same problem. So not plugs. Have also run a few tanks of injector cleaning thinking it may be a problem number 2 injector but no joy with that either. Next will be the coil pack and or lead at number 2 but having discussions with MM re doing that as a warranty fix.

Any one out there had similar problems and if so what was your fix. Thanks Dopo
Old 21-08-12

Hi Digitout andDopo, I have been having the exact same issue as you with my NS V6. Always a cylinder 2 misfire when cold starting below 10 deg. As yet I haven't found a fix for it but will change the plugs and adjust valve clearances when I get a break from work. I was thinking of swapping a coil with another cylinder to see if problem moves and rule out the coil replacement as they are $$$. Please let me know if you find a fix as an annoying issue.
Old 21-08-12
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryzy View Post
Hi Digitout andDopo, I have been having the exact same issue as you with my NS V6. Always a cylinder 2 misfire when cold starting below 10 deg. As yet I haven't found a fix for it but will change the plugs and adjust valve clearances when I get a break from work. I was thinking of swapping a coil with another cylinder to see if problem moves and rule out the coil replacement as they are $$$. Please let me know if you find a fix as an annoying issue.
Sounds like yr coil pack on your cylinder 2 is having issues
Old 25-08-12

anyone found a fix for this problem?
My truck has been at Mit's for 3 days now the dealer is talking to mit's aust to try to come up with a solution. But they have said they only have this problem with ones on LPG. So i know what the answer will be it a gas problem go and see a gas tech.
I have said to them if they think its the gas disconnect the gas computer and see what happens. There answer was " we don't know how to do that and they are not gas tech so they wont."
I keep you guys and girls informed
Old 25-08-12

No fix as yet, were MM implying they had seen this before? What brand lpg do you have? I have the factory approved Impco system and have had it checked and serviced with no issues found. AG autogas told me the only way the gas system could cause this was if a gas injector had a slow leak and lpg was present in the cylinder when starting on petrol. Because it only happens starting cold at under 10c they dont belive this is the issue. I will try shuting gas off at tank and venting the low pressure line to see for myself.
Old 25-08-12

yes they have heard ot this before, and i have the impco system