Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public ForumPajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 24-03-12

Send a message via MSN to Gulfstream Send a message via Skype™ to Gulfstream
Default NS auto ECU question.

Hi, I need help identifying the torque converter control wire. The wire out from the gearbox ECU that controls the lock up. MM would not help me because they thought I should not do any work on my own car. Only MM should do that...................

Sweden is LHD.

http://www1.garaget.org/archive/106/...76-2962958.jpg

Last edited by Gulfstream; 23-05-12 at 09:45 PM.
Old 24-03-12

come on, I really need some inputs here.

2007 Pajero DID NS automatic transmission. The Torque Converter Solenoid Diagram for the wiring.

Old 24-03-12

Email sent
Old 17-05-12

Hi Guys,
I've been trying to find out this one myself !
From what I have found it is on pin 15 of the ECU possibly a red/yellow wire is this right ? Might have to trace it back from the solenoid.
Apart from working out which wire to cut it's a pretty simple mod as far as I can see.
Whats the best size resistor people have been using ? I was going to measure the internal resistance of the solenoid and go for the closest to that but if someone knows the resistance of theirs that is working - even better.
I was also thinking about setting something up so it automatically disengages once you go under a certain speed, but I'll just get it working first then fiddle with it
Old 17-05-12
Valued Member

Might not be so simple. Have a look at this kit..

Wholesale Automatics manual lockup up kit

Remember, the CanBus wiring system used in the Pajero is not something that can be lightly mucked around with. It's not like the conventional wiring system in old cars, its more like a computer data/control bus.
Cut wires at your own risk...
NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.
Old 17-05-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbitchi View Post

Remember, the CanBus wiring system used in the Pajero is not something that can be lightly mucked around with. It's not like the conventional wiring system in old cars, its more like a computer data/control bus.
Cut wires at your own risk...
Cheers mrbitchi thanks for the link,
I haven't seen their diagram or connectors they use so I can't really comment, but I assume that you would still need to interrupt the ECU to solenoid circuit (cut the wire) so that you can switch in the solenoid manually and give the ECU the resistive load so that it doesn't throw a code.

Doesn't matter how smart the computer is at the start of the circuit a solenoid is still a solenoid and just needs power and earth. The clever bit is tricking the ECU into thinking everything is still normal that's where the resistor and one of the relays come in to play.

Need to look into it a bit more.
Old 18-05-12

I got it sorted after earning quite a few more gray hairs. I ended u with 5 different wiring diagrams for my car and non where correct, so I found the wire bundle from the transfer box to the ECU and it passed under the cup holders. There was only one yellow-red wire there and that was the correct one for me. I know some diagrams say it's red-yellow so be aware of differences.

I've only gotten one code for the torque converter solenoid valve communication after install and I could clear it with my android torque pro app.

Overall very pleased with this mod.

Old 18-05-12
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfstream View Post
I could clear it with my android torque pro app.
That's an interesting piece of kit. Has anyone else had any experience with it?

What about This Bleutooth Transciever? Anyone tried it?
NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.
Old 18-05-12
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfstream View Post
I got it sorted after earning quite a few more gray hairs. I ended u with 5 different wiring diagrams for my car and non where correct, so I found the wire bundle from the transfer box to the ECU and it passed under the cup holders. There was only one yellow-red wire there and that was the correct one for me. I know some diagrams say it's red-yellow so be aware of differences.

I've only gotten one code for the torque converter solenoid valve communication after install and I could clear it with my android torque pro app.

Overall very pleased with this mod.
is this where the resistor was to be installed to trick ECU into thinking the solenoid is still connected??
Cool Silver 09 VRX, tinted glass all around, 2 inch HD lovells, bilsteins, poly airbags, Airtek snorkel, dual battery, ARB deluxe winch bar, Lightforce 240's, Warn winch, Bushskinz full bash plates, UHF, scangauge, Bogaard turbo timer, towbar, 65 ltr brown davis fuel tank, on board ARB compressor + outlets, 50A anderson on towbar, rear diff lock-traction control modification, diff breathers, in-dash battery voltmeters, EGR blank, hacked navman, Cooper AT3's, Stebel horns.
Old 19-05-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbitchi View Post

I contacted Wholesale automatics about what they had for a NS Auto, here is Stuart Kitto's replies:
"We do have a lock-up kit for your car, we would need to know the Trans code (located on the ID plate in the engine bay) If it is a V5A51 the cost is $325.00 , if it is a V5AWF the cost is $375.00 , plus freight $15.00
We believe the change takes place around Sept 2008.
The Kit comes with complete fitting instructions and is quite easy to fit , You will need a soldering iron and wire strippers."

We have available for your vehicle a heavy duty Torque convertor $1250.00 change over
Plus a $450 deposit
http://www.automatictransmission.com...p?NewsId=38412

We also have available just recently a heavy duty Nomad valve body $895.00 change over

a lock-up control switch $325.00
http://www.automatictransmission.com...p?NewsId=42065

a temp gauge kit $265.00
http://www.automatictransmission.com...p?NewsId=42067

Freight $85.00
Fitting is available on all the above

I am seriously looking at getting all this done to my car, is it over kill?

Dave