Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public ForumPajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Mechanical

Mechanical Discussion of mechanical matters

Old 18-08-11
Valued Member

Looking great, some nice clean work there. Will it fit all DiD CRD's?
Old 18-08-11
Valued Member

As has always been the case Jon, the quality of your workmanship is up there with the best of them . This is a terrific thread and will be watched with interest by many. Thanks for sharing mate .

Regardes, Sean
04 NP Pajero DiD, D-Gas LPG injection, 3 inch dump pipe the rest 2.5 inch mandrel, Bilstein shocks, Aurora springs, 50mm lift, Polyairs, TJM nudge bar, 240 55W HID Blitz Lightforce spotties, dual batteries, Bridgestone D697LT 275/65/17, trans lock up kit
Old 18-08-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
Looking great, some nice clean work there. Will it fit all DiD CRD's?
Thankyou for your kind words

I am hoping that it will be able to fit all DID 3.2's in the Paj frame. Not to sure abot the GEN 4's but hopefully

Kind regards
Old 18-08-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotare View Post
As has always been the case Jon, the quality of your workmanship is up there with the best of them . This is a terrific thread and will be watched with interest by many. Thanks for sharing mate .

Regardes, Sean
Good on ya Sean, thanks mate. Looking forward to hitting the rollers 2moz! Cant wait for some boost in my bus tho! LOL

Kind regards
Old 19-08-11

Just spent an hour and a half writing up todays findings and posting pics and then the page wouldnt load! What the!!!??? Is there a time out or something when this forum will log you out? Aaargh
Old 19-08-11

I have had a couple of timeouts when trying to load pages over the last half hour or so.
Old 19-08-11

Ok here we go again! We ran out of time today to fit the bonnet scoop to the NP so we couldnt do any on road testing as the cooler obviously had no air flow. We finished plumbing the cooler and fitting of the 10" Spaal fan by early afternoon.
On first drive of the Paj with the new cooler it instantly felt sooooo much stronger and power delivery felt absolutely seamless. The other amazing thing was very low post cooler temps even with a closed bonnet and no external airflow to the cooler.

On the dyno with the old cooler we recorded a best of 84 kw's and inlet temps were in excess of 120degC. We ran up the Paj today with the new cooler on the same dyno way with 3 power runs. Instanly it reeled of 91 kw's. I feel that this is an awesome result on a stock vehicle for just a cooler change. Remember you can only make as much power as your next limiting factor! The real outstanding achievement was the post cooler temps which I have listed below

OEM COOLER UPGRADE COOLER
first power run 116degC 37degC
2nd power run 126degC 45degC
3rd power run - 51 degC

Power comes on much sooner and is held for over 25% longer. Temp reductions like this would really benefit from some extra fuel via chip.

I have rushed this post as I dont want to loose all my typing again. Also the kids are getting very hungry! I will post some more details soon

kind regards
Old 19-08-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stigmata View Post
Ok here we go again! We ran out of time today to fit the bonnet scoop to the NP so we couldnt do any on road testing as the cooler obviously had no air flow. We finished plumbing the cooler and fitting of the 10" Spaal fan by early afternoon.
On first drive of the Paj with the new cooler it instantly felt sooooo much stronger and power delivery felt absolutely seamless. The other amazing thing was very low post cooler temps even with a closed bonnet and no external airflow to the cooler.

On the dyno with the old cooler we recorded a best of 84 kw's and inlet temps were in excess of 120degC. We ran up the Paj today with the new cooler on the same dyno way with 3 power runs. Instanly it reeled of 91 kw's. I feel that this is an awesome result on a stock vehicle for just a cooler change. Remember you can only make as much power as your next limiting factor! The real outstanding achievement was the post cooler temps which I have listed below

OEM COOLER UPGRADE COOLER
first power run 116degC 37degC
2nd power run 126degC 45degC
3rd power run - 51 degC

Power comes on much sooner and is held for over 25% longer. Temp reductions like this would really benefit from some extra fuel via chip.

I have rushed this post as I dont want to loose all my typing again. Also the kids are getting very hungry! I will post some more details soon

kind regards
They are excellent results. EGT's are directly proportional to IAT's, as you are probably aware. Thefore with lower IAT's you can put in more fuel without EGT's going through the roof. I'll be interested to see what results you get once more fuel is injected.

I've been toying with the idea of a turbo and intercooler upgrade for my NT. I've been recommended to go with a GT28. I see you're looking at the GT35. Won't that induce a lot of lag?
Rear diff lock, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, tint, MM steel bar, Icom Pro400 radio, Chip It, Bushskinz underbody protection and side steps, Bilstein shocks and Dobinson HD springs, cargo barrier, roof rack, 2500W DC/AC inverter, Headrest DVD players, custom drawers, Bown Davis Auxilary tank, dual battery system, IPF 900 spotlights with 100W HID upgrade.
Old 19-08-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT GLS View Post
They are excellent results. EGT's are directly proportional to IAT's, as you are probably aware. Thefore with lower IAT's you can put in more fuel without EGT's going through the roof. I'll be interested to see what results you get once more fuel is injected.

I've been toying with the idea of a turbo and intercooler upgrade for my NT. I've been recommended to go with a GT28. I see you're looking at the GT35. Won't that induce a lot of lag?
Lol, the 35/82R for my bus is chosen because I have a 3.5L petrol. I dont think it would come on boost on a 3.2 diesel! I dont know how far the OEM 3.2 DID turbo will go. Should be good for 110rwkw's? maybe. Thats getting up there for a four banger oil burner!

Kind regards
Old 19-08-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stigmata View Post
Lol, the 35/82R for my bus is chosen because I have a 3.5L petrol. I dont think it would come on boost on a 3.2 diesel! I dont know how far the OEM 3.2 DID turbo will go. Should be good for 110rwkw's? maybe. Thats getting up there for a four banger oil burner!

Kind regards
Haha, I should have read your signature a little closer! A GT35 on the V6 should make it sign along.

The OEM turbo on my NT is running out of puff by around 3200-3500rpm, boost tapers off rapidly. Starts off around around 22-24psi and drops to under 18psi.

My only concern is how the PCM will cope with a non VNT turbo installed. I plan on running 22psi (within PCM boost limits), add a custom made front mount and retune with the Chip-it unit.
Rear diff lock, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, tint, MM steel bar, Icom Pro400 radio, Chip It, Bushskinz underbody protection and side steps, Bilstein shocks and Dobinson HD springs, cargo barrier, roof rack, 2500W DC/AC inverter, Headrest DVD players, custom drawers, Bown Davis Auxilary tank, dual battery system, IPF 900 spotlights with 100W HID upgrade.