Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public ForumPajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 05-04-11

I tell you what, that traction control power drop and the freakin' slow reponse from the accelerator really shit me to tears. So many times I've been caught the same way, going for a break in traffic only to crawl out!

It's almost like you have to sit there stalling up the converter before you go just to when you tell the car to move, it actually moves!

I've seen these little modules for sale that are supposed to sharpen up the accelerator response, anyone had real world experience with them?
Old 05-04-11
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4hore View Post
I tell you what, that traction control power drop and the freakin' slow reponse from the accelerator really shit me to tears. So many times I've been caught the same way, going for a break in traffic only to crawl out!
I've seen these little modules for sale that are supposed to sharpen up the accelerator response, anyone had real world experience with them?
A flick of the asc switch will "sharpen" throttle response for free and save you the tears (up to 80Km/h anyway)
as stated in the 2nd post of the thread.

Shane.
04 NP GLS Man Di-D, 120K's, 2" lovells/Billys/Poly's, Coopers ST Maxx, Rhino racks/basket, netbook + ozi, inverter, home made rear storage, uh400sx-rm, dual bats, alloy bar, 60L Aux Tank, barrier, sliders + plates, reverse cam, bat monitor, modded brake/tail lights, 9" HID spots, chip-it + egt + 3" exhaust, ebay snorkel, with an ultimate xtrk in tow .

TO DO LIST:low coolant alarm, breathers

How they grow

My mod pics..click here

My Blogs

Last edited by sharkcaver; 05-04-11 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-04-11
Valued Member

That's another annoyance, you can't turn off ASC while the vehicle is in motion. First vehicle I've ever come across that.
On the way -
Planned -
Old 05-04-11
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsilon View Post
That's another annoyance, you can't turn off ASC while the vehicle is in motion. First vehicle I've ever come across that.
I can on my NP. Just gotta be traveling slower than 40KPH from what i remember....
This may have changed for the NS onwards though?
Dan.
2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3220 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!
Old 05-04-11
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

I still think using 4H is the answer to any issue regarding breaking traction and traction control issues. I haven't seen any real impact to running costs to say you can't do this all the time.
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 275/65/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Uniden UHO-88, Sidewinder HID's, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/
Old 05-04-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshF View Post
I still think using 4H is the answer to any issue regarding breaking traction and traction control issues. I haven't seen any real impact to running costs to say you can't do this all the time.
I agree with running the Paj in 4H al the time. There is no noticeable difference in fuel consumption.

2H = 650-700kms on average (highway+city 50/50)on a tankfull. (800kms if i drive like a sissy with 100% highway).
4H = 600-650kms on average (highway+city 50/50)on a tankfull

i have left the paj in 4H since the last 5,000kms so i can state the above fuel consumption figures confidently. Also i am running an MBC with custom tune2 from chip-it.

my ride reports:
2-up to Jordan & Syria on a KTM 990
Off-roading in the UAE
2 up to UAE on a KTM990
wanna see south India? a South Indian honeymoon ride
13,000kms to Turkey in our NS - coming soon
Old 12-04-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcaver View Post
A flick of the asc switch will "sharpen" throttle response for free and save you the tears (up to 80Km/h anyway)
as stated in the 2nd post of the thread.

Shane.
Well, as expected this had no effect whatsoever on throttle response, so my question stands.
Old 12-04-11
Valued Member

Mines 4H all the time.

handles much better.

put foot down and it goes.

Michael.
2010-NT,GLS,DID,Auto.Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Airtech Snorkle, Tow bar, Front door windows tinted, DC Mud Country 265/70/17. light force 170s HID, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Thule roof bars, Bushskinz under body protection all 4 plates, Wet seat front only, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, Bilstien shocks and struts, Stebel 300Hz truck air horn, Proclip&Smoothtalker phone mount, T/C modded, Tigerz11 Awning.
Old 13-04-11
Who ya gunna call....

Quote:
Well, as expected this had no effect whatsoever on throttle response, so my question stands.
Which one?
20% tint. Bar, winch, Bushskinz , EFS/Kings coils, TJM XGS Gold Shocks, Airtec Snorkel, Cooper 275/65R18 STT's, HID's headlights , 60W LED spots, 198W light bar. 55W HID's, Uniden UHF,Dual batt. 40L Engel.
EGR block, DPF gone, , 3" exhaust, EGT gauge. Chip it, Scanguage II, Custom pinstriping!
http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=26993
Old 13-04-11
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to JoshF

Quote:
No traction control is not dangerous you just need to drive based on the configuration of the vehicle against what you expect it to do.
NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 275/65/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Uniden UHO-88, Sidewinder HID's, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/