Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public ForumPajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 24-02-11

Default NL Central Locking Remote Control

Hi, I'm new to the forums after purchasing my first Pajero last week. (97 NL GLS with Luxury pack.) Unfortunately the vehicle didn?t come with the remote for the keyless entry. After calling countless wreakers around the country, I haven?t been able to find a single remote. I have contacted Mitsubishi but a new remote is $220-odd, I have also looked at the Jaycar kits but looks like a bit of a headache to install. Would anyone know where I could source a remote without it costing a small future? Thanks.
Old 24-02-11
Valued Member

Hi, I had the same problem with my NL.

I ended up installing an alarm/immobiliser and linking to to control the factory central locking.

You should be able to get a quality brand remote control alarm/immobiliser fitted and connected to the central locking for $200-300 (if you just get a remote control immobiliser I assume you could get it done for around $200).

The advantage of solving the problem this way is you end up with 2 remotes (which have replaceable batteries) and an alarm and/or immobiliser for about the same cost as 1 genuine remote.

You could also try a generic universal remote (like sold at Dick Smiths & Jaycar) but I don't know if they woul dbe compatable or even programable without an original remote??
BFG AT's, UHF, ARB winch bar, Superwinch X9 winch, Hella 4000 HID spotties, snorkel, custom made 3 core radiator, LED rear work light, Aisin free wheel hubs, Evacool ED50 50L fridge, dual batteries (Redarc), cargo barrier, 60ltr sub tank, 20ltr water tank, suspension lift, roof rack and ARB awning...
just the usual mods
Old 24-02-11

Thanks geopaj, if I can't source a factory remote, I'll probably look at installing a Jaycar alarm. Installed plenty of gear in my cars, but never tackled an alarm, so would like to avoid it if I can. I believe the universal remotes need an original remote to program them. Thanks mate.
Factory Bull bar, Narva Spotlights, Ironman 30" & 20" LED Light Bars, Smoothtalker Cradle & 4G Antenna, Uniden UHF, Goodyear 265/60R18 Wrangler Silent Armour Tyres, Lovells Heavy Duty 50mm Raised Springs & Bilsteins, Rhino Luggage Tray, Ironman Awning.
Old 25-02-11

Hi I had the same problem I just brought the one from mits got it for $200 and they programed it for free, maby a bit slack by me as alarm may have been cheaper. Rick
Currently working on: Fitting Warn winch with rope DONE
Thinking "what light bar should I get"
Old 29-04-11

same thing as my 99 nl. the paj didnt come with a factory remote so i did install an after market alarm with central locking controls instead. works out cheaper... and i got the factory central locking to work with the alarm.