Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public ForumPajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 01-01-11
Valued Member

Default Open Tailgate From Inside ?

I'm spending a bit of time away in the NP and sleeping in the back.
Climbing in and out through the Rr doors is awkward.
Has anyone setup a method of opening the tailgate from the inside ?
Old 01-01-11

Nope.
But you would reckon Mitsubishi might have thought of a way.
Dean
Old 02-01-11

They did in previous generations, but I have no clue why they left it off of ours!

Makes as much since as the pop-out rear side windows...the don't open far enough to even be useful!
Old 02-01-11
Valued Member

Gooday Doug, funny you mention those pop out windows, I'm rapt in them in that they do their job beautifully. They are not a loading or access window, they are there simply as a drafter to allow flow through ventilation. Going back a lot of years, lots of vehicles had permanent open vents in the rear pillar to achieve the same drafting result.

But anyway, yeah, bugger about the rear door access. I wasn't aware that earlier models had that provision.
I wonder if the bits from an earlier model could be adapted to the NP ?
Old 04-01-11

My wife got stuck in the back whilst fidling with the child restraint just before Christmas. We have a Milford Cargo Barrier so there was no way out. She was in there for about 15 min before I heard her calling.

I took a photo before I let her out. For some reason she didn't see the funny side!
Pajero 05 NP DiD, Lovell HD Springs and Bilstein Shocks, ARB Bull Bar, ARB air compressor, Scorpion ATRs, roof rack, CTEK Dual Bty System, Black Widow Draws, Fox Wing Awning, Bushskinz sliders and guards, Tigerz 12000lb winch, Dropslide and Uniden UHF.
Old 04-01-11
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
I'm spending a bit of time away in the NP and sleeping in the back.
Climbing in and out through the Rr doors is awkward.
Has anyone setup a method of opening the tailgate from the inside ?
Hi Lance

Why can't we devise a method that uses a metal fishing trace and plastic handle.
Kind of like what new sedans have as an emergency boot release

Cheers Glenn
2003 NP 3.2 DI-D LWB 5spd-DVD Entertainment unit-Narva 175 blue's-Side Steps-Uniden UHO15SX-Garmin GPS16 and Oziexplorer-ARB On Board air-Polyairs-Airtek Snorkel-Khumo KL78's-Headrest DVD players- Ironman Lift kit- 12000lb winch- Dual Batteries - Redarc isolator-Bushskinz intercooler guard.
Old 04-01-11
Valued Member

Unhappy Not all early models had a release!

On my NH shorty they never put the elongated knob on the sliding part of the interior latch, but by removing the plastic surround I can now operate it from inside until I attach the rectangular button I found (off a old stereo).
As most (all?) of the newer Pajeros have central-locking, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to add a momentary-on rocker-switch across the connections of the lock-activated switch inside the rear-door. Would have to mount it in the door-trim so it won't be bumped easily (near the handle or inside the tool-kit?).

Cheers

Runner-Pajero; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, with Super-Select & white-alloys with discs behind 4 of them. Project-Pajero; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack with heaps of goodies to go off-road & touring.
"I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"