Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public ForumPajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 06-09-10

Default Chip it for my NS

After putting in a larger exhaust on our Paj, we recently went visited Justin at Chipit and installed a new Chip. In the past I had a Dpchip on the Navara, so I was aware of what they are capable (power & torque). After fitting the chip, we went for a drive while Justin tuned the chip via his laptop.

Well, the power is so awesome its unbelievable. I went to both the Dowerin Field Day and Caravan Show at Kalgoorlie towing the Jayco Flamingo. It powered thru the hills so easy and we also had improved fuel consumption.

Now we are back we have been driving it around the city and still goes well.

We are so rapt at the Chip, cant wait to take the Paj on the soft beaches on the West Coast in the coming weeks to test the torque.

Justin certainly knows his stuff and explains it so well. A couple of things that really convinced was, a. if there are perceived problems, simply take the fuse out and the car runs ignoring the chip (peace of mind in the middle of nowhere). Justin was also invited to Melbourne to install the Chips on some brand new Audi's in the showroom. It means the dealer must be confident in the ability of the chip and the new vehicle warranty.

Thanks guys, love the power.
2008 NS Pajero 25th Anniversary model - 3.2 DiD Auto, National Luna Dual Battery System, 2.5 " Exhaust, Chipit Chip, Chipit DPF replacement Pipe,TJM Compressor (inside spare wheel), GME TX 3440 UHF, Custom Storage Solution, 55 litre Boab Water Tank (with pro-pump & tap), Rhino Sportz Bars, Eezi Awn Rooftop tent, Foxwing awning,Tyreguard tyre monitor
Old 06-09-10
Valued Member

Good one Brian I have one on mine and they sure do go.

Going into Chip-it tomorrow to tune in the EGR blanking plate.

I tried to send you a PM regarding your Larger exhaust but your PM's are disabled. I would like to have a chat or find out more about the exhaust.

Replacement 2013 FJ Cruiser OEM Long Range Tank, Rear Diff Lock and CRAWL Control, OEM Rock Sliders

Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Safari Snorkel, OME Suspension, ARB Front and Rear bars, Arb dual battery tray, Arb UVP, ARB front Locker, Rhino platform on ARB foot rails, ARB Twin under bonnet air compressor, HID Hella Rallye 4000's, Redarc Tow Pro brake controller.
Old 07-09-10

good choice on the Chip-It. i am loving mine.....

my ride reports:
2-up to Jordan & Syria on a KTM 990
Off-roading in the UAE
2 up to UAE on a KTM990
wanna see south India? a South Indian honeymoon ride
13,000kms to Turkey in our NS - coming soon
Old 07-09-10
Valued Member

I also want to hear about your exhaust, keep us in the loop.

Still waiting ion Chip it for DPF Delete pipe , waiting waiting....

My Photo site.
AAA-Photography.smugmug.com

07 NS VRX, DID Auto, Nudge Bar, 130W 215 Nitghtstalkers, 50w HID H/Beams, Kenwood Touchscreen Natsav/DVD/CD/Rev camera, Rear Alpine DVD Player, Recaro Orthopedic drivers seat, DIY Spare Wheel Lift.
Old 07-09-10

So, can you guys give some idea now of any change in your fuel consumption post chip?
Rola universal Xbars, rod carriers + other bits , MMA Roo-Bar,
ARB awning, 17" CSA rims, Mickey Thompson ATZs (4 Rib), Dual Batteries (ARB tray)
Lightforce Blitz 170s

Adventure Grand Tourer offroad Campertrailer
Old 07-09-10

I had my exhaust put on by Midas in Morley, simple 2.5" system, that went after the turbo and after the DPF setup, I think.
2008 NS Pajero 25th Anniversary model - 3.2 DiD Auto, National Luna Dual Battery System, 2.5 " Exhaust, Chipit Chip, Chipit DPF replacement Pipe,TJM Compressor (inside spare wheel), GME TX 3440 UHF, Custom Storage Solution, 55 litre Boab Water Tank (with pro-pump & tap), Rhino Sportz Bars, Eezi Awn Rooftop tent, Foxwing awning,Tyreguard tyre monitor
Old 08-09-10

Very interested in the chipit guy's but do you have to have it tuned once installed and will it give DPF issues as the spider unit has if the EGR blanking plate is not installed. Any info on the EGR and how it is installed and what it does would help. Tim
NS VRX LWB DID Auto - ARB Steel bar Millenium Grey, Lovell/Bilstien 2" lift,Bushskinz under body set,Bushskinz Rock Sliders Millenium Grey,Cooper Zeon LTZ A/T 18",Tinting,50 amp Anderson plug,Hayman reece load level tow hitch,Prodigy brake controler,50lt Waeco,Magelan XL GPS,Galaxy 16'7" Off road van
NEXT -IPF driving lights,
Old 08-09-10

I found all the info in Wrex's older post thanks for the informed info and somthing I have to have too just need to convince the minister of finance we need it.
NS VRX LWB DID Auto - ARB Steel bar Millenium Grey, Lovell/Bilstien 2" lift,Bushskinz under body set,Bushskinz Rock Sliders Millenium Grey,Cooper Zeon LTZ A/T 18",Tinting,50 amp Anderson plug,Hayman reece load level tow hitch,Prodigy brake controler,50lt Waeco,Magelan XL GPS,Galaxy 16'7" Off road van
NEXT -IPF driving lights,
Old 10-09-10
Valued Member

Thanks for the good feedback guys

We have these specific points in our favour:

1) More features,
2) Better tunes … (not only do we address the Fuel MAP, but we also address Turbo Boost Curve),
3) Aussie made,
4) Tuned for Aussie cars with Aussie fuels,
5) Tuned by us ONLY ... no overseas tunes or non Aussie speaking 3rd party involved at all,
6) Much better prices,
7) More sophisticated board design, AND probably the biggest point ...
8) CUSTOM TUNING CAPABILITY ... WHICH AGAIN, OTHER MANUFACTURERS DO NOT HAVE.

Let me expand on point 8. When you need a custom tune with all the other Chips, you need to send the Module back to them for re-calibrating. This then is NOT a true custom tune to suit your vehicle as changes are NOT made in real-time. This is NOT so with the Chip It Module. Real-time tuning capabilities are given to every Chip It Custom Tune Dealer and adjustments to tunes are provided via email daily. Chip It “Macro” Tuning Software, provided FREE with every Chip purchase, allows YOU to download tunes to the Module within seconds.

If that is not enough, we also have the capability to run EGT Monitors, which, when coupled to the Chip It Performance Modules, monitor EGT's and re-program the Chip It Module to run factory standard tunes IF the EGT's climb too high. Again, this is unique to Chip it.

Diesel Performance Solutions

Contact sales@chiptuning.com.au for 10% forum discount
(NB: Forum discount applies to Performance Modules only)

Office 02 8090 1881
Old 10-09-10
Valued Member

weren't the "tunit" chips programmable via laptop on the dyno or on the road?

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired