Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public ForumPajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 16-06-10

Default Cabin air filter doesn't exist?

Hi all, I spoke to the car dealer service people only to find out that even the latest Pajero doesn't have a cabin pollen air filter. Is this true?
Sometimes I can smell the un-burnt petrol being released through exhaust of vehicles driving in front of me and it's sickening breathing all that polluted air into the lungs. My only solution is to leave one window open to draw out those bad air and enable recycled air. Surely the Pajero must be more equipped than my old Subaru Forester with the cabin air pollen filter behind the glove box or maybe not!
Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY11 Platinum DiD Ironbark. Genuine factory alloy bar. Head lights & fog lamps protectors. Electronic Rust Protection. MotorOne X-Pack Paint & Fabric Guard. MMA Neoprene seat covers. Dynamat Xtreme. Stock as a rock!
Old 16-06-10
Valued Member

A pollen filter won't stop the rotten egg gas smell. Won't do anything for exhaust fume type pollution as the particles are too small to be filtered by a pollen filter as most of them are just a pleated paper filter like your engine air intake filter.
NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.
Old 16-06-10
Valued Member

You need a carbon filter. Some luxury cars have them.
General Travel Info (eg Simpson Desert) and Photos
Our travel blog - http://scaryhairtour.com
Australian Custom Made Soy Candles
Old 16-06-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquis View Post
You need a carbon filter. Some luxury cars have them.
Even basic cars have them now. My 2007 VW Jetta has one that is renewed every 60,000 k's and it takes out most of the smell from the air. It doesn't stop thick diesel smoke like when following a bus, but I produce enough thick diesel smoke myself (chipped VW diesel) so I can't really complain.
Old 16-06-10
Valued Member

??, even remember Mitsubishi recommendation was to drive in dirt roads with the outside air intake open to minimize dust in the cabin, this was due to positive pressure created and the filter blocking the dust coming from the intake...you could try and look where the filter is supposed to be, think is behind the glovebox?...can someone confirm where should it be?

regards
Old 16-06-10
Valued Member

Some of the NT's are meant to have a cabin air filter according to the specs. If it is anything like the 120 series Prado's, only the upper spec had them fitted, but the lower specs had the empty slot where one should go. So you could ask your dealer if it can be bought as a spare for an NT Exceed and fitted to your NT X?

Pat
Old 16-06-10

Hi THT,
Our NS pajero has a filter in the a/c unit. I would assume the NT pajero has them too
if you remove the glove box, it sits in behind that. i think 2 small screws hold it in.
1964 Humber Vogue series 3 sports (does anyone want to buy it?)
Old 17-06-10
Valued Member

According to MMA all spec levels havea pollen filter.

Michael.