Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public ForumPajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 01-06-10

Default Fox Wing Awning

Hi Guys,
Has any body out there got one of these,if so, what do you think of it good or bad. Looking to get one,thought someone out there in cyber space must have one on their Paj. Haven't seen a thread for this.All replies welcome.
Keep to the Left,
CYA,
Loza.
02, NP, Paj,GLS, 3.2 DID,Auto,Nudge Bar,Narva Spotties,Rhino Roof rack with Alloy Tray,TJM Dual Battery,Firestone HP Air Bags, 2" Lift Lovells And Billys,E-Bay Snorkel,Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards,Uniden UHF,Diff Breathers, Homemade Rear fridge and drawer system, Gunyah Awning,Reverse Camera, Bridgestone D694LT's,Tow 23' Retreat Caravan.
Old 01-06-10

Hi Loza,

We've had one for about 8 months now and find it really good. It's quick and easy to set up and has plenty of coverage. We have also got one side extension and will be buying another soon too as these can be used to add more shelter or cut out wind and rain. The Foxwing is easy to put on the roofrack and take off again - a one person job and about 5 mins.
NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, SensaTyre TPMS, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 AT3 Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, Lightforce Genesis 50W HID Driving Lights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System.
Old 01-06-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslow View Post
Hi Loza,

We've had one for about 8 months now and find it really good. It's quick and easy to set up and has plenty of coverage. We have also got one side extension and will be buying another soon too as these can be used to add more shelter or cut out wind and rain. The Foxwing is easy to put on the roofrack and take off again - a one person job and about 5 mins.
Hi Onslow,
Thanks for your reply, the Fox Wing looks to be a good awning, thanks for the info about the size and about how quick it is to put on/off the roofrack, which sometimes can be a problem.
Keep to the Left,
CYA,
Loza
02, NP, Paj,GLS, 3.2 DID,Auto,Nudge Bar,Narva Spotties,Rhino Roof rack with Alloy Tray,TJM Dual Battery,Firestone HP Air Bags, 2" Lift Lovells And Billys,E-Bay Snorkel,Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards,Uniden UHF,Diff Breathers, Homemade Rear fridge and drawer system, Gunyah Awning,Reverse Camera, Bridgestone D694LT's,Tow 23' Retreat Caravan.
Old 01-06-10
Valued Member

And further to your other thread, the Oztent zips on to the side of the FoxWing.
NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.
Old 02-06-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbitchi View Post
And further to your other thread, the Oztent zips on to the side of the FoxWing.
Hi mrbitchi,
Yes, that's what I'm thinking of doing is putting the Fox Wing and Oz tent together.Should be a great quick camping set up.Have you got the Fox wing as well as your RV-4??
Keep to the Left,
CYA,
Loza
Old 02-06-10
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loza View Post
Hi mrbitchi,
Yes, that's what I'm thinking of doing is putting the Fox Wing and Oz tent together.Should be a great quick camping set up.Have you got the Fox wing as well as your RV-4??
Keep to the Left,
CYA,
Loza
No. I have a Polaris awning. Had it before the FW came on the market.
NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.
Old 02-06-10
Valued Member

Send a message via Skype™ to amr75wcr
Smile

Hi Loza we have had one for about 18 months. They are easy set up and the coverage is great (just be careful in windy conditions, i was setting ours up a couple of months bach at Double Island point and a slight gust of wind came just after i hooked the strap and the foxwing ended up about 5 meters in the air until the pivot points snapped. Fortunatly Rhino replaced the broken parts under warranty). we have added some LED strip lights from trusty ebay takes the awaning to a whole new level at night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03458.jpg (223.0 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03457.jpg (178.8 KB, 290 views)
04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj
Old 02-06-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amr75wcr View Post
Hi Loza we have had one for about 18 months. They are easy set up and the coverage is great (just be careful in windy conditions, i was setting ours up a couple of months bach at Double Island point and a slight gust of wind came just after i hooked the strap and the foxwing ended up about 5 meters in the air until the pivot points snapped. Fortunatly Rhino replaced the broken parts under warranty). we have added some LED strip lights from trusty ebay takes the awaning to a whole new level at night.
Those LED' look great. How did you fix them to the canvas, and do you take them off when you fold it up for travelling or just leave them in place?
NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, SensaTyre TPMS, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 AT3 Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, Lightforce Genesis 50W HID Driving Lights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System.
Old 02-06-10
Valued Member

Send a message via Skype™ to amr75wcr

As i work in a dealership i replaced the double sided tape that comes on the strips with the 3m stuff used to hold badges onto vehicle bodies. I have a wire running out under the rear door wiring harness up the back pillar across inside the roof rack and there is a waterproof connector that i plug in before opening the awaning and hey presto instant light. i will post a night shot tomorrow night as the minister for finance & internal affairs has the paj at work tonight.
04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj
Old 03-06-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amr75wcr View Post
As i work in a dealership i replaced the double sided tape that comes on the strips with the 3m stuff used to hold badges onto vehicle bodies. I have a wire running out under the rear door wiring harness up the back pillar across inside the roof rack and there is a waterproof connector that i plug in before opening the awaning and hey presto instant light. i will post a night shot tomorrow night as the minister for finance & internal affairs has the paj at work tonight.
Hi amr75wcr, Thanks for your info, Onslow is right, looks tricky with the Led's can't wait to see night pic's,well set up good on ya.I'm waiting for the Caravan and Camping show at the Ekka on the long weekend to see if there is any bargins there for the Fox Wing and Oz tent. But I was wanting to make sure that their a good product before I purchased them.This forum is great for that.
Keep to the Left,
CYA,
Loza.