• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THT
    • Nov 2009
    • Sydney

Cabin air filter doesn't exist?

Hi all, I spoke to the car dealer service people only to find out that even the latest Pajero doesn't have a cabin pollen air filter. Is this true?
    Sometimes I can smell the un-burnt petrol being released through exhaust of vehicles driving in front of me and it's sickening breathing all that polluted air into the lungs. My only solution is to leave one window open to draw out those bad air and enable recycled air. Surely the Pajero must be more equipped than my old Subaru Forester with the cabin air pollen filter behind the glove box or maybe not!
    Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY09 X SWB DiD Black Mica. Electronic Rust Protection. Mitsubishi Le Mans 20" factory alloy wheels (Imported from UK). Dynamat Xtreme.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY11 Platinum DiD Ironbark. Genuine factory alloy bar. Head lights & fog lamps protectors. Electronic Rust Protection. MotorOne X-Pack Paint & Fabric Guard. MMA Neoprene seat covers. Dynamat Xtreme. Stock as a rock!
  • mrbitchi
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

A pollen filter won't stop the rotten egg gas smell. Won't do anything for exhaust fume type pollution as the particles are too small to be filtered by a pollen filter as most of them are just a pleated paper filter like your engine air intake filter.
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• marquis
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Newcastle

You need a carbon filter. Some luxury cars have them.
      --
      Marquis
      SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• wokwon
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by marquis View Post
        You need a carbon filter. Some luxury cars have them.
        Even basic cars have them now. My 2007 VW Jetta has one that is renewed every 60,000 k's and it takes out most of the smell from the air. It doesn't stop thick diesel smoke like when following a bus, but I produce enough thick diesel smoke myself (chipped VW diesel) so I can't really complain.

Comment

• Patagonia
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2009
          • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

??, even remember Mitsubishi recommendation was to drive in dirt roads with the outside air intake open to minimize dust in the cabin, this was due to positive pressure created and the filter blocking the dust coming from the intake...you could try and look where the filter is supposed to be, think is behind the glovebox?...can someone confirm where should it be?

regards
          2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
          Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
          31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
          2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• psproule
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007
            • Googong, NSW

Some of the NT's are meant to have a cabin air filter according to the specs. If it is anything like the 120 series Prado's, only the upper spec had them fitted, but the lower specs had the empty slot where one should go. So you could ask your dealer if it can be bought as a spare for an NT Exceed and fitted to your NT X?

Pat
            2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
            2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Boaly
              • Mar 2009
              • Central Queensland

Hi THT,
              Our NS pajero has a filter in the a/c unit. I would assume the NT pajero has them too
              if you remove the glove box, it sits in behind that. i think 2 small screws hold it in.
              Current Vehicles:
              08 NS Pajero LWB 3.2 DiD Manual, Kingsley side steps, tow bar, Thats all so far.
              08 Yamaha Wr 450f X 2
              1964 Humber Vogue series 3 sports (does anyone want to buy it?)

Comment

• HSV Rangie
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2010
                • Hastings

According to MMA all spec levels havea pollen filter.

Michael.
                2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X