• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slyone
    • Aug 2009
    • Perth

88 Auto Gear box problems

I have been having some interesting issues with my gear box. after doing a long stint on the freeway the A/T TEMP light comes on then if i pull up and stop a big cloud of white smoke follows me. i had a look and it looks like the gearbox is leaking alot of fluid and its heating up and burning. has anyone encountered this and can some shed some light on the situation as it doesnt do it with normal 60-80km/h driving.....
    88" Shorty, 2.5LTD, 2.5" Zorst, Snorkle, 31"s, 2.5" suspension 2" body lift, 4.5" all up 4 spottties, $2000 worth of sound gear, Factory Flares. SOOOOOLLLDD --- Build Thread

NEW 88' LWB 2.5LICTD 15psi 4.5" suspension, Snorkel, racks and bars, built in compressor, Bed, Drawers, Bull Bar, IPF Spotlights and moree to come --- Build Thread
  • peter92
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2009
    • maryborough queensland

Originally posted by Slyone View Post
    I have been having some interesting issues with my gear box. after doing a long stint on the freeway the A/T TEMP light comes on then if i pull up and stop a big cloud of white smoke follows me. i had a look and it looks like the gearbox is leaking alot of fluid and its heating up and burning. has anyone encountered this and can some shed some light on the situation as it doesnt do it with normal 60-80km/h driving.....
    where is the oil leaking from and be carefull because auto flued can catch fire very quickly it could be a few things but give us some idea and more info regards peter
    used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
    now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
    bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
    SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

• Slyone
      • Aug 2009
      • Perth

k thanks ill check it out and let you know
      88" Shorty, 2.5LTD, 2.5" Zorst, Snorkle, 31"s, 2.5" suspension 2" body lift, 4.5" all up 4 spottties, $2000 worth of sound gear, Factory Flares. SOOOOOLLLDD --- Build Thread

NEW 88' LWB 2.5LICTD 15psi 4.5" suspension, Snorkel, racks and bars, built in compressor, Bed, Drawers, Bull Bar, IPF Spotlights and moree to come --- Build Thread

Comment

• ngwagon
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2009
        • mt evelyn

degrease it and warm it up and see if anything comes out, is it over full of fluid?

Comment

• Slyone
          • Aug 2009
          • Perth

Originally posted by ngwagon View Post
          degrease it and warm it up and see if anything comes out, is it over full of fluid?
          yehh ill do that. and i dont think so but if it was would it leak alot????

Comment

• ngwagon
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2009
            • mt evelyn

i spoze that if its over full like a motor it blows a bit and is not good for it.. Has the auto been serviced?

Comment

• Slyone
              • Aug 2009
              • Perth

I had a look and it turns out it was over full. Drained it and
              put new fluid in. And now no problems.

Thanks guys

Comment

• ngwagon
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2009
                • mt evelyn

cool, nice easy fix and did you give it a degrease aswell when your under there?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X