• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrSeuss
    • Apr 2011
    • Melbourne

Hi all,

Newbie to the forum and what appears to be another XT driver converting to a Platinum Pajero. I take delivery Friday week of a Graphite with factory diff, tow pack, leather and tint to start.

A big thanks to Marty and the team at Knox for all of their assistance and persistence with securing the colour and specs in such a limited run edition.

I look forward to meeting more Pajero Club members at events etc in the coming months.

Regards,
    Mark

Comment

• HSV Rangie
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2010
      • Hastings

Congrats on the purchase..

Michael.
      2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

• Pickle
        Administrator
        • Jun 2007
        • All over Oz

Originally posted by DrSeuss View Post
        Hi all,

Newbie to the forum and what appears to be another XT driver converting to a Platinum Pajero. I take delivery Friday week of a Graphite with factory diff, tow pack, leather and tint to start.

A big thanks to Marty and the team at Knox for all of their assistance and persistence with securing the colour and specs in such a limited run edition.

I look forward to meeting more Pajero Club members at events etc in the coming months.

Regards,
        Mark
        Good on you Mark. You will love the Platinum.
        No doubt you will run into me at one of the events.
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• tristam
          • May 2011
          • south australia

Hello Mark

New to the pajero too got mine Saturday and I love it, LOL was driving a lancer so its a big difference. Getting confident in it now less than a week and I had the confidence to park between two cars LOL I know silly but I havent been in a big car for ummmm 10 years I think was the last time....

I love the platinum and I have been able to convince hubby to put a snokel on it and then we will get the heavy duty skid plates, so that we can take it off road...

Enjoy !!!!
          Regards

Tammy

"My husband wants a safari snokel, skid plates, sump and intercooler guards for xmas for the car, but I still need to tell him this LOL"

Comment

Congrats, the Paj is a excellent car.

Good on you for getting the snorkel and bash plates (well worth the protection).

Anthony.

Originally posted by tristam View Post
            Hello Mark

New to the pajero too got mine Saturday and I love it, LOL was driving a lancer so its a big difference. Getting confident in it now less than a week and I had the confidence to park between two cars LOL I know silly but I havent been in a big car for ummmm 10 years I think was the last time....

I love the platinum and I have been able to convince hubby to put a snokel on it and then we will get the heavy duty skid plates, so that we can take it off road...

Enjoy !!!!

Comment

• Paj People 2009
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2009
              • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

HI Mark,

Congrats and welcome to the forum.
              Sure you'll enjoy the Platinum. They are a great car for the money.

The Paj's are excellent allrounder - offroad and citty driving. We enjoy taking ours on the sand and into the bush.

If you tow, they are really great. We tow a lot and the DID's make light work of it.

Enjoy your car!

Cheers,
              Sally
              SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• Shortfuse
                • May 2011
                • Western Australia

New to the forum, and just picked up my Charcoal Platinum last week. I upgraded from an 05 Platinum which was an amazing car, and have not had a good experience with the new one. There is foam showing where the upholstery tucks (or should tuck) under the drivers and passengers inner door grab handles. The rear door clunks up and down as it opens and closes, and of course (as I have since found out here, a marketing oversight) no reverse sensors. That would have been nice to know before I ordered it, because I pre-ordered it off the .pdf file on the Mitsubishi Australia website.

Every time I call my leasing agent, I am told that Mitsubishi will be contacting me, but nothing yet. It seems that I bought the last car built on a Friday before a long weekend, and the quality control guy went home early that day.

To be honest it is really disapointing to spend that much money on a car as a repeat customer, and find these problems.

I have no doubt that that the problems will be fixed, I am just a little disapointed, is all.
                Attached Files

Comment

• THT
                  • Nov 2009
                  • Sydney

That's either a Friday job or it was done during the earth quake strike - maybe at the time everyone in the factory ran off and take cover while the your car passed through the QA check point?
                  Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY09 X SWB DiD Black Mica. Electronic Rust Protection. Mitsubishi Le Mans 20" factory alloy wheels (Imported from UK). Dynamat Xtreme.
                  Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY11 Platinum DiD Ironbark. Genuine factory alloy bar. Head lights & fog lamps protectors. Electronic Rust Protection. MotorOne X-Pack Paint & Fabric Guard. MMA Neoprene seat covers. Dynamat Xtreme. Stock as a rock!

Comment

• THT
                    • Nov 2009
                    • Sydney

I generally find that at any car dealer not just MMA, after you have taken delivery of the car and they've received your money, generally the sales guys will never want to assist you with anything beside referring you to contact their service departments - unless you've another sale lead for them.
                    Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY09 X SWB DiD Black Mica. Electronic Rust Protection. Mitsubishi Le Mans 20" factory alloy wheels (Imported from UK). Dynamat Xtreme.
                    Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY11 Platinum DiD Ironbark. Genuine factory alloy bar. Head lights & fog lamps protectors. Electronic Rust Protection. MotorOne X-Pack Paint & Fabric Guard. MMA Neoprene seat covers. Dynamat Xtreme. Stock as a rock!

Comment

• Bing
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • Currently QLD

Originally posted by Shortfuse View Post
                      There is foam showing where the upholstery tucks (or should tuck) under the drivers and passengers inner door grab handles. The rear door clunks up and down as it opens and closes, and of course (as I have since found out here, a marketing oversight) no reverse sensors. That would have been nice to know before I ordered it, because I pre-ordered it off the .pdf file on the Mitsubishi Australia website.

Every time I call my leasing agent, I am told that Mitsubishi will be contacting me, but nothing yet. It seems that I bought the last car built on a Friday before a long weekend, and the quality control guy went home early that day.
                      That is not good enough MMAL. Surely somewhere along the production line quality control should have kicked in and spotted this?
                      2010 Platinum LE. Cool Silver, Auto, DiD, MM Rear Difflock. HD MM Tow bar and Lift Kit. Buzz Racks.

Comment

• Shortfuse
                        • May 2011
                        • Western Australia

Just an update on the issues with my new MY11 Platinum.

MMAL has rectified my concerns and re-established my faith in customer service. I owned the MY05 Platinum for 6 years, and never had a problem (not one) with the car, so this was my first experience with MMAL quality control and warranty. I should not have been so concerned.

Once again, I am a very happy, satisfied Pajero owner.

(I still think that the MY05 Platinum was better value with the electric drivers seat, leather trim, DVD...)

Comment

• tristam
                          • May 2011
                          • south australia

Originally posted by Bing View Post
                          That is not good enough MMAL. Surely somewhere along the production line quality control should have kicked in and spotted this?

Not all are like this bing.... brought mine at morphett vale mitsubishi here in SA and he said any problems please dont hesistate to call him, after recieving the delivery rang him with concerns and he still seemed happy to answer any of my quiries.... I think its the customer service of today, some people forget that it is word of mouth that brings in new customers, well obviously we happened to get a great sales guy that wants to be in his job and obviously wants us to let people here about the great sales he does, he was also the only sales guy that was happy to hear what we want in a car and was happy to point out solutions to the problems we had (due to us wanting a fourth child soon, we wanted to be able to get the bigger kids in tooo)...

where as another dealer we went to, to look at another 4wd of another brand, was horrible and didnt give two hoots about what we wanted, he just wanted us to buy a car that obviously wasnt for our family....he was very rude when we tried to speak to him about seats for the older kids told us to get a van instead well he lost out as I just turned to hubby and said lets go think about it then said we were not buying from that dealer (wasnt mitsubishi dealer but another brand)

I have told family and friends about the customer service we received and would recommend them to others in the future...
                          Regards

Tammy

"My husband wants a safari snokel, skid plates, sump and intercooler guards for xmas for the car, but I still need to tell him this LOL"

Comment

• Silver Streak
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2010
                            • Adelaide. South Aust.

Originally posted by tristam View Post
                            Not all are like this bing.... bought mine at morphett vale mitsubishi here in SA
                            Got mine the same place Tam, and agree, my salesperson was good (Syd Bailye) and very thorough at delivery time, and made sure I was a happy chappy at the time.
                            I'm sure a dealership worth their salts, would have picked up shortfuse's upholstery problem at predelivery, as that's what predelivery is for, to pickup problems missed at the factory, or in transit, and rectify them well before the customer lays his/her eyes on their new pride and joy.
                            One thing is for sure, have a good experience and you'll be back there again, next time.
                            Bad experience, and with today's social media network, everybody knows about it. That's why most of us do a little research online, before we buy anything. I know, I do.
                            Last edited by Silver Streak; 23-05-11, 05:04 PM.
                            Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
                            Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• TheTaipan
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2009
                              • sydney

I have had two dual cab Hilux before my NS and was looking at both the Hilux and the SWB NS. Called in to Toyota dealer on Sydneys North Shore to look at the Hilux.

The so called salesman wasn't interested when I told him I was tossing up between the Hilux and the Pajero. No look at it, no test drive, no brochure, no nothing.

He said "when you make up your mind let me know" so I did, on the spot.

Comment

• tristam
                                • May 2011
                                • south australia

Originally posted by Silver Streak View Post
                                Got mine the same place Tam, and agree, my salesperson was good (Syd Bailye) and very thorough at delivery time, and made sure I was a happy chappy at the time.
                                I'm sure a dealership worth their salts, would have picked up shortfuse's upholstery problem at predelivery, as that's what predelivery is for, to pickup problems missed at the factory, or in transit, and rectify them well before the customer lays his/her eyes on their new pride and joy.
                                One thing is for sure, have a good experience and you'll be back there again, next time.
                                Bad experience, and with today's social media network, everybody knows about it. That's why most of us do a little research online, before we buy anything. I know, I do.

Really!!! my sales man was Mark yeah can not say more positive things about morphett vale, I even picked the car up without hubby and he said that if I had any questions even if hubby wasnt home he would be dissapointed if I didnt ring him to discuss any issues..... Well will need to make an appointment next week as my paj is almost up to its 1500 so take it in for them to check it but not having any issues with it and so so so so happy with it, I even took it up to lyrup where my mum lives awesome drive there and back loved it will be planning a camping trip at the end of year too cant wait they (paj) love the open road.....
                                Regards

Tammy

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X