• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smeghead71
    • Jun 2008
    • Central Coast, NSW

NL Remote Central Locking Problem

Hi All,

I have an NL Exceed, and the central locking from the remote control has suddenly stopped working.

I can hit the door lock, and all 5 doors will lock and unlock manually as a set, but the keyring just dosn't want to know.

I threw in a brand new remote battery yesterday, to eliminate that possibility, but now I get no response, just at a greater range ...

I checked the fuses under the dash, but there is nothing for central locking there, only door locks. The fuse is still fine. Is there another fuse box somewhere? Perhaps under the dash, or something?

Any help appreciated.
    Cheers,

Shano

smeghead71

http://www.ilumn8.com.au
    Get your glowsticks here!

1999 NL Exceed
  • keith h
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Does the little red light glow on the remote when you press a button?

If it does - I cant help you.
    If it doesn't - I had the same problem. The remotes get dust and fluff etc inside from years of being in pockets etc.

I opened mine up and after a few prayers, sprayed every where with contact cleaner. Left it open for about an hour.

THEN NOTHING WORKED FOR ABOUT A MONTH!!!!

When I thought to try the buttons again I was amazed it worked perfectly and has continued to for about 12 months.

There might be a more responsible way to achieve the same outcome.

Cheers
    1999 3.5 NL Exceed Auto, Adelaide, South Australia

Comment

• smeghead71
      • Jun 2008
      • Central Coast, NSW

Hi Keith,

Yes, the little LED is better than ever, thanks to the new battery.

I have tried pressing the buttons on the exposed circuit board too, but the NL still just sits there and does nothing.

Where in the NL's is the antenna/receiver unit for the central locking ? Maybe something has come loose there.
      Last edited by smeghead71; 05-11-08, 10:17 PM. Reason: Additional Question.
      Cheers,

Shano

smeghead71

1999 NL Exceed

Comment

• keith h
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by smeghead71 View Post

Where in the NL's is the antenna/receiver unit for the central locking ? Maybe something has come loose there.
        Have a look at the post "Mad Mac" has posted here http://140.99.20.180/forum/showthrea...hlight=keyless

It has a great attachment with the location of the central locking components.

My first suspect would be a fuse. But I don't know the location of the fuse for central locking.
        1999 3.5 NL Exceed Auto, Adelaide, South Australia

Comment

• smeghead71
          • Jun 2008
          • Central Coast, NSW

Hi Keith.

I had a look at that thread. From the look of it, the controller and antenna unit, are situated in the driver's side rear 1/4 panel (assuming the diagram is for the NL series). I had a quick dig there the other day ... all I saw was a dirty big fuel pump ( I think ). Maybe I'll need to pull another panel or 2 away. I'll keep you posted.
          Cheers,

Shano

smeghead71

1999 NL Exceed

Comment

• twc
            • Sep 2007
            • Tewantin Qld

Have a look under the back seat where the jack etc is stored and see which the MAIN wiring looms runs and work on that side of the car..
            I have in the past followed instructions on my NL and found out after some frustration that for some reason its all comes together really well .......if I work on the opposite side of the car to what the instructions say. It appears that the wiring may be on either side depending on what options/ accessories are factory fitted .....or so I,ve been told by Mitsi

Comment

• smeghead71
              • Jun 2008
              • Central Coast, NSW

Cool! I have a jack!

From the look of it, everthing is still on the driver's side. I will know more once I pull down all of the scuff panels ove the weekend.
              Cheers,

Shano

smeghead71

1999 NL Exceed

Comment

• Honky
                • Nov 2007
                • dubbo

Would you need to disconnect car battery to reset?

Honky

Comment

• smeghead71
                  • Jun 2008
                  • Central Coast, NSW

UPDATE

Just to advise you all of what happened when I finally got around to looking at this issue.

Once I got all of the panelling off of the 1/4 panel, I managed to get the central locking controller off the inside of the wall.

Setting the switch to FIX I, I hit the remote button, then moved the controller over to FIX II, where I did the same with a different remote (from an NM).

I reset the controller to the central position, and tried the remotes.

My remote (NL) - all ok. I wonder why it decided to reset in the first place?

2nd remote (NM) - nothing. Pity. It would have been nice to get that to work.

Anyway ... all good now. The only bugger was that it cost me over an hour and a half in total, to get in & out of there!
                  Cheers,

Shano

smeghead71

1999 NL Exceed

Comment

• difflocker
                    • Nov 2008
                    • WA - KALGOORLIE

NL Central Locking

Hi everyone

I got around to recoding my remotes on my Pajero today by acessing the central locking module via the drivers side rear lower side panel in the cargo area. It was pretty easy and didn't take long to do. Saved myself $$$$$ otherwise it was a trip to a Mitsubishi dealer who would of charged like a "wounded bull"!!

Thanks for the advice and solution to the above. Well done to all of you.

difflocker

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X