• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rafman
    • Jul 2007
    • Sydney

Tow Bar & Lifter

Just got my SWB with the tow bar and 'lifter', how do I know if the lifter has been fitted, cant seem to see anything there that doesnt look standard?
    -----------------------
    NS SWB-X, Nudge bar, Towbar, Sunroof, GPS, Rear cam
    -----------------------
  • Big Col
    • Jun 2007

Hi rafman,
    The lifter is a black metal plate that has raised studs on it, when the spare is fitted to it, it raises the tyre approx 50mm. The tyre is the only thing that is lifted so if the tyre looks out of proportion to the carrier frame (slightly higher at the top than the sides), then it has been done.
    Regards from Col.
    NS TD Exceed, Long Range Fuel Tank (115 lts), 50mm lift, HD King Springs Bilstein Shockers, ARB Deluxe Bullbar colour coded with Winch, HD Towbar, ROH RTX 17" Rims, Cooper S/T Maxx 265/70/17, Dual Batteries, Safari Snorkle and Diff breathers, Tyre Dog monitoring system, Magellan XL Explorist GPS, GME Personal Locating Beacon with GPS, Uniden UHF, Prodigy Break Controller, Reversing Camera, Updated Security Alarm System. Scangauge + Chipit Chip etc and no DPF!.

Comment

• rafman
      • Jul 2007
      • Sydney

Thanks Col,
      Still a bit hard to tell, might just take the cover off over the weekend and look for that black plate.
      -----------------------
      -----------------------

Comment

• matthewfnorbert
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007

should be easy to see, the tyre will stick up over the top of the plastic trim at the top and very little tyre visible at the bottom. a near blind person will see it if you have it fitted.
        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• rafman
          • Jul 2007
          • Sydney

The problem is I have the hard cover over the wheel, thats why I cant see the position of the wheel. Will remove it over the weekend and check.
          -----------------------
          -----------------------

Comment

• matthewfnorbert
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007

that would make it tough lets hope they fitted it..
            SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• macguru
              • Jul 2007

I have the lifter (but not the cover), but as for this case, quoting from the cover description on the website, it depends which one :

Hard Plastic Spare Wheel Tyre Cover - Full Size
              This attractive and durable hard plastic Spare Wheel Tyre Cover is colour coded to the exact body colour of your PAJERO. It fully covers the spare wheel tyre. Note: This cover is not compatible with the Spare Wheel Lifter

ard Plastic Spare Wheel Tyre Cover - Half Size
              When the accessory Rear Spare Wheel Lifter is used, we recommend this Half-Size Spare Wheel Tyre Cover. It is similar to the Full Size item but only the upper side of the tyre is covered. It also features an attractive hard plastic top cover that is colour coded to the exact body colour of your PAJERO
              Cheers,
              Andrew

2007 NS SWB R V6 Auto - Tow Bar & Lift, Thule Aero Bars, TomTom GO720
              1991 NH 2.6 SWB Manual - Michelin AT's, Thule Roofbars, Alloy Bullbar,Hella Lamps, Pedders 1" Lift

Comment

• rafman
                • Jul 2007
                • Sydney

Macguru, looks like I may be in luck as I only have the half size cover...
                -----------------------
                -----------------------

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X