• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorgo530
    • Sep 2011
    • Perth WA

DP Chip or Chip It - or is there others

Hi everyone

Just Purchased a 2011 RX 3.2 DiD and need to increase the power for some towing while maintaining economy and reliabilty.
    I want to increase the driveabilty of the Pajero.
    Just got out of a Navara D40 4.0lt V6 Auto that was chipped and produced 230k/watts on the dyno although torque was only about 400NM , and sucked fuel like it was 60cents a litre!!
    Glad I have gone to the diesel Pajero just looking for some more torque to play with. I have done some research and most people have done the CHIP IT mod with a few DP CHIP and Stienbuer Chip. Love to here from those that have got these units fitted.

Thanks in Advance
    2011 NW RX DiD Silver Color matched ARB Deluxe Bar, OME Sports Lift Kit, ARB onboard Compressor, Custom Sheep covers, ECUWest Remap, Manta SS 3 inch exhaust, Bushskins sidesteps, Bushskins Intercooler / Sump protection, Scan Gauge, LightForce XGT240 70wHID's, Duelers 697LT's 285/65R17 " Love this Car "
  • geoff&vi
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2009
    • Brisbane

Jorgo,

I have had Steinbauer on a previous vehicle and the Chipit on my current Paj. Below are some points from my persepctive;

- The Steinbauer was an improvement, however not as much as the Chipit.
    - Chipit was much easier to fit, as the SB needed to be wired into the electronic throttle pickup wire near the accelerator ( a big PITA!!)
    - Chipit is tunable via your laptop, SB is not.
    - Chipit is much cheaper.

My 2c worth.

cheers
    Geoff
    GONE - 2010 VRX DiD Silver
    NOW - 2012 Prado Kakadu V6 Auto. Opposite Lock bar, Runva winch, Front locker, Bilstein shocks & 2" Dobbo Coils, Lightforce 240's, Scangauge, Dual Yellowtop batteries with Traxide controller, GME 3440 UHF, Featherlite Awning

Comment

• Thomo238
      • Apr 2009
      • Perth

Mine goes in Tuesday for a Chip It Module, let you know how it goes..
      2011 NT RX 3.2DiD.ARB Winch Bar,Avenger 9500lb Winch,ARB Lockers,OME 2' Lifted Suspension,Poly Airs,58lt LRA Tank, Redarc Dual Battery Kit,Snorkel,Rock Sliders,GME UHF TX3340,265/70R17 MTZ's,Full Under Body Protection,48lt S/S Water Tank,HID Spot Lights,LED Light Bar,Custom Made Rear Draws,Diff Breathers,Diesel Smart Module,B&M Tranny Cooler,Dual Wheel Carrier,Rear,Camp Light,In Dash GPS,Coupler Tech,Tyre Monitors,Scan Gauge,3' Manta Exh,HPD InterCooler,RhinoRack etc

Comment

• Brian B
        • Sep 2009
        • Bassendean

I have the chipit on my NS and also the EGR blanking plate.

Power & torque is awesome, and service & support was excellent. It is also good to be able to change the tune yourself via laptop, that way I have got good power & economy .
        2008 NS Pajero 25th Anniversary model - 3.2 DiD Auto, National Luna Dual Battery System, 2.5 " Exhaust, Chipit Chip, Chipit DPF replacement Pipe,TJM Compressor (inside spare wheel), GME TX 3440 UHF, Custom Storage Solution, 55 litre Boab Water Tank (with pro-pump & tap), Rhino Sportz Bars, Eezi Awn Rooftop tent, Foxwing awning,Tyreguard tyre monitor

Comment

• Patagonia
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2009
          • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

Originally posted by Brian B View Post
          I have the chipit on my NS and also the EGR blanking plate.

Power & torque is awesome, and service & support was excellent. It is also good to be able to change the tune yourself via laptop, that way I have got good power & economy .
          Brian, do you still have DPF? does it shows problems with the chip?

regards
          2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
          Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
          31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
          2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• Brian B
            • Sep 2009
            • Bassendean

I also fitted a Chipit DPF replacement pipe and it works a treat
            2008 NS Pajero 25th Anniversary model - 3.2 DiD Auto, National Luna Dual Battery System, 2.5 " Exhaust, Chipit Chip, Chipit DPF replacement Pipe,TJM Compressor (inside spare wheel), GME TX 3440 UHF, Custom Storage Solution, 55 litre Boab Water Tank (with pro-pump & tap), Rhino Sportz Bars, Eezi Awn Rooftop tent, Foxwing awning,Tyreguard tyre monitor

Comment

• Paj People 2009
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2009
              • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi,

We have a DP Chip. It's great for towing and improves fuel econ. Very impressed with it.

Cheers,
              Sally
              SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• Silver Streak
                Valued Member
                • May 2010
                • Adelaide. South Aust.

If you can be bothered reading all this review, it may be of some interest. A lot of reading though, but if you've already done some research, you may have already read it?

Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
                Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• Thomo238
                  • Apr 2009
                  • Perth

Just drove my car home after the Chit It install and I was sure I was driving a different car home..The Lag that was present prior to the install is gone the acceleration is hard to describe... it's a different car...The installer has chosen a mid tune due to standard exhaust and the standard transmission oil cooler. There are 15 different power settings in the Chip It Module

The first standard dyno run was 89KW...343 Nm....Tune 13 power setting was 126kw @ 599Nm but without exhaust and Transmission Cooler it was advised not to run the car on that tune up due to excessive heat issues. Setting 6 was 105KW @ 504Nm so I have my car set a 10 until I get the Exhaust and Tranny cooler upgraded so my power is around
                  550 Nm so not too bad at all. I didnt notice any more exhaust smoke but Im sure if you were behind me you would of seen some increase bit I could see to much more than normal.

I am very impressed but the performance of the car and down the freeway there was a marked difference in the performance at 100-110kph cant wait to get it out bush to really put it through its paces...overall very happy with the product worth the look if your interested in a Diesel Chip
                  2011 NT RX 3.2DiD.ARB Winch Bar,Avenger 9500lb Winch,ARB Lockers,OME 2' Lifted Suspension,Poly Airs,58lt LRA Tank, Redarc Dual Battery Kit,Snorkel,Rock Sliders,GME UHF TX3340,265/70R17 MTZ's,Full Under Body Protection,48lt S/S Water Tank,HID Spot Lights,LED Light Bar,Custom Made Rear Draws,Diff Breathers,Diesel Smart Module,B&M Tranny Cooler,Dual Wheel Carrier,Rear,Camp Light,In Dash GPS,Coupler Tech,Tyre Monitors,Scan Gauge,3' Manta Exh,HPD InterCooler,RhinoRack etc

Comment

• Filbee
                    • Sep 2008
                    • Jerrabomberra, NSW (just over the border to Canberra, ACT.) Suburb of Queanbeyan.

Chip It Enhancement

I would have to agree with Thomo in that my NS, fitted with a Chip It Enhancement Module, has not only improved the performance, but fuel consumption has dropped. I recently posted a thread on the Gen 4-2 pages (Chip It Fitted) with my comments on around town and country trips. I am over the moon with the additional performance and my wife is so pleased that the turbo lag is now a distant memory. Cheers Filbee
                    (Feb) Pearl White 08 NS VRX (25th Anniv) DiD; Coopper H/T Plus; MM Alloy Bar; tyre lifter kit; Bluetooth; IPF900 spots; ICOM IC440 UHF; ARB Air Compressor (CKMP12) Kit; Waeco 60lt; RV4 Oztent and Ozpod; Rhino roof rack/cross bars. Trek Tech single shelf & 35/65 split cargo barrier; TJM battery rack with 80amphr; DS40 fridge slide; Coilrite bags; Oztent/Rhino Foxwing awning; Honda 2kVA; ChipIt EGT kit and race pipe.
                    Towing 2008 20ft Jayco Stirling O/B fitted with TyreDog TPMS.

Comment

• Filbee
                      • Sep 2008
                      • Jerrabomberra, NSW (just over the border to Canberra, ACT.) Suburb of Queanbeyan.

Chip It enhancement

Correction - refer to Gen 4-1 for my post on Chip It. Cheers Filbee
                      (Feb) Pearl White 08 NS VRX (25th Anniv) DiD; Coopper H/T Plus; MM Alloy Bar; tyre lifter kit; Bluetooth; IPF900 spots; ICOM IC440 UHF; ARB Air Compressor (CKMP12) Kit; Waeco 60lt; RV4 Oztent and Ozpod; Rhino roof rack/cross bars. Trek Tech single shelf & 35/65 split cargo barrier; TJM battery rack with 80amphr; DS40 fridge slide; Coilrite bags; Oztent/Rhino Foxwing awning; Honda 2kVA; ChipIt EGT kit and race pipe.
                      Towing 2008 20ft Jayco Stirling O/B fitted with TyreDog TPMS.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X