Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Where are my mirror indicators on MY10 Platinum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evileerf
    • Oct 2010
    • Australia(+61)

Where are my mirror indicators on MY10 Platinum?

When I saw the advertsing for the Platinum and it had mirror indiactors I thought good. They are definitely a big safety bonus when turning.

Mine has NONE At my 1500 service I asked and they said sorry they never fitted them......

Have a look athe brochure. I am not stupid. It is definitely meant to have them. Both the photos show them as being fitted

So I blew the brochure up and I am definite it's meant to have them.

Anybody else with the latest Platinum noticed that there's is missing OR more to the point does anybody have them as pictured in all the advertising.????

• Warren1967
    • Sep 2010
    • Camden

Originally posted by evileerf View Post
    When I saw the advertsing for the Platinum and it had mirror indiactors I thought good. They are definitely a big safety bonus when turning.

Mine has NONE At my 1500 service I asked and they said sorry they never fitted them......

Have a look athe brochure. I am not stupid. It is definitely meant to have them. Both the photos show them as being fitted

So I blew the brochure up and I am definite it's meant to have them.

Anybody else with the latest Platinum noticed that there's is missing OR more to the point does anybody have them as pictured in all the advertising.????

I am sure that they used an Exceed in the photo for the brochure, I was a little diappointed but hey we lived without them up until now. When representing a product they should really use a picture of the actual vehicle.

Cheers
    Woz
    2014 White Holden Colorado LTZ

Comment

• evileerf
      • Oct 2010
      • Australia(+61)

The picture is of a Platinum. It has Platinum on the plate holder. It does not have Exceed wheels - it has the correct 17" wheels, so I dont agree that it is an Exceed photograph.

If it had a picture of a vehicle showing a bullbar would you be happy knowing that they left it off? Thats probably a bad example because you would notice a bullbar mising when you picked the vehicle up at delivery. My point is the mirrors is not something you would notice until you have driven it home

Comment

• paulisok
        • Oct 2009
        • Brisbane North Side

Moral of the story, it pays to read the specs pretty closely.

"Don't argue with an Idiot
        They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

2009 NT GLX 3.2 DiD Auto, Ironbark, MM Alloy Bull Bar, TJM Classique Side Steps, Fogs, GME TX3440 UHF, Dual Battery, Pajero Sports Roof Racks, DIY Rear Storage, Fridge, Tint, Tow, and loviin it.

Considering Mods; OME Sports Suspension, Snorkel

Comment

• Warren1967
          • Sep 2010
          • Camden

Originally posted by evileerf View Post
          The picture is of a Platinum. It has Platinum on the plate holder. It does not have Exceed wheels - it has the correct 17" wheels, so I dont agree that it is an Exceed photograph.

If it had a picture of a vehicle showing a bullbar would you be happy knowing that they left it off? Thats probably a bad example because you would notice a bullbar mising when you picked the vehicle up at delivery. My point is the mirrors is not something you would notice until you have driven it home

I know all the new vehicles have them, but if they weren't in the brochure would you still have bought the Pajero Platinum.
          2014 White Holden Colorado LTZ

Comment

• achjimmy
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2009
            • Blue Mtns

Discussed in the early days of the Platinum thread. the little disclaimer at the bottom usually covers those changes. Personally I think they are butt ugly and if I had an exceed I would be looking to swap with a Platinum owner! Others posted how they reflect back onto you at night so I am not sure how safe they are.
            Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
            MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
            99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• Marty V
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2008
              • Cranbourne, Vic

No body wants to upset you evileerf...

This was discussed quiet early on in the Platinum thread when we first got a copy of the flyer...

It was stated there by fellow forum member Bing (end of page 7) that he had seen one and it did not have them...This would have been back in July or August...

IMO...It seems that Mitsubishi have used the closest vehicle they could for the promo shot...An Exceed with the optional 17" alloys...It would have been the closest due to the front bumper being the same...

I'm sure that on the bottom of the page there is the standard disclaimer that states that the picture may differ from the actual...

Anyway mate I dont think its worth stressing about...

Comment

• SimmoT
                • Jun 2009
                • Wyndham, WA

On abrighter note, just thionk of it as oneless thing you'd have to pay for if you knocked the mirrors offroad or in the urban jungle!

Cheers

Simmo
                2010 NT RX DiD Manual, Cooper ST-Maxx 265/70/R17LT, Tow Bar, TJM T13 Steel Bar, Airtec Snorkel, X-Ray Spotties, HD Kings, RAW Shocks, ARB Alloy Roof Rack, Outback Rear Drawers, Icom IC-440 UHF, TJM DBS Dual Battery System, 60L LRA Aux Tank, BushSkinz Bashplates and Sliders, Polyairs, 2.5m TJM Awning, OX 9500lb Winch.

Comment

• entropy
                  • May 2009
                  • NSW Lake Macquarie

Originally posted by paulisok View Post
                  Moral of the story, it pays to read the specs pretty closely.
                  I agree that if on the advertising then it should be on the vehicle. If not then should be stated in a disclaimer. Having written specs doesn't mean much either I'm afraid - according to the written specs my SWB X was meant to have "auto dusk sensing headlights" but when delivered that feature was nowhere to be seen.
                  Current ride
                  Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE with factory diff lock.

Gone but not forgotten
                  NT SWB X DiD in Cool Silver

Comment

• Marty V
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2008
                    • Cranbourne, Vic

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    I agree that if on the advertising then it should be on the vehicle. If not then should be stated in a disclaimer. Having written specs doesn't mean much either I'm afraid - according to the written specs my SWB X was meant to have "auto dusk sensing headlights" but when delivered that feature was nowhere to be seen.
                    Yeah that one caught me out when i sold my first X... Fortunately the people were lovely and although a little disappointed there was no major issue...

Comment

• evileerf
                      • Oct 2010
                      • Australia(+61)

My claim is simple. It is shown in the brochure. It isn't on the car and the brochure makes a representation that it is. There is no disclaimer about photo for illustration purposes only. The brochure refers to key features only and in no way infers, implies or provides any conditions that the illustration does not depict the actual vehicle.

Anybody know the cost to fit these?

Comment

• achjimmy
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2009
                        • Blue Mtns

Mate i am sure if you chucked a big enough hissy fit at MMA and the dealer you may get somewhere and they will fit them. Although they would have reason to ask why it has taken you two weeks to notice them missing? as above i think they look hideous but thats not your issue, go for it.
                        Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
                        MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
                        99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• paulisok
                          • Oct 2009
                          • Brisbane North Side

Its no different to every car add on TV, they always show you the best model and tell say you can buy one from $19,999 drive away, but when you go through the specs for the models each one adds a bit more until you finaly come to the one in the picture thats 10k more. I dont know any product that doesnt, look at a new house sales brochure, same thing, shows you everything but, oh you want a driveway thats 10k, oh you want grass thats 10k, a letter box 1k. It all boils down to the advertised specifications.

"Don't argue with an Idiot
                          They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

2009 NT GLX 3.2 DiD Auto, Ironbark, MM Alloy Bull Bar, TJM Classique Side Steps, Fogs, GME TX3440 UHF, Dual Battery, Pajero Sports Roof Racks, DIY Rear Storage, Fridge, Tint, Tow, and loviin it.

Considering Mods; OME Sports Suspension, Snorkel

Comment

• Bing
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • Currently QLD

Where is my sexy babe in hot Pants?

I think that at the time of the Brochure Production there wasn't probably a Platinum edition in existence as yet it was only a spec list. So as Marty suggested Mitsu used an Exceed with 17". I was shown the vehicle before I completed the contract I doubt I would have recourse to get them installed.

I went to the motor show but when I took delivery of my new car the Sexy chick in the Hot Pants and tight Top wasn't there? There was no disclaimer on the stage to say that she didn't come with it.
                            2010 Platinum LE. Cool Silver, Auto, DiD, MM Rear Difflock. HD MM Tow bar and Lift Kit. Buzz Racks.

Comment

• markpeh
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2010
                              • Lake Clarendon QLD

I see everyones point, but at the same time you by a product as described, be that via text or picture. If there is definantly no disclaimer then I think that as far as fair trading laws go, you would be entitled to a claim.

Ebay and other online sales methods have taught us all to look at the picture to see what is included. It is poor form if MM cant get a photo correct or at least state, 'mirror indicators not included'. No reasonable person would expect the chick in hot pants to be included, but the stuff installed on the car in the picture, I say fair enough.
                              NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X