• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jinandrew
    • Jul 2007
    • Leafy sticks of Eltham, VIC

Brake Issue???

Hi all,

Was hoping you might be able to help. I have recently had a faint metal sounding squeal noise coming from the car when moving. Applying pressure on the brakes makes it dissapear. At first I thought dust or similar between disc and pad, but cleaned thoroughly and still there. Front pads have now done approx. 45,000km, does anyone now if there is a pin that rubs on the disc to warn low pads or similar?

Thanks,
    Andrew
  • Muzza
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Nsw

Yes the brake pads have a low warning strip on front and rear, although in saying that 45K is short life for brake pads on a pajero. hard city work????
    Muzza
    Muzza
    2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
    2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
    2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• dolphin
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008

yes as Muzza said. replace the pads now.
      NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• jinandrew
        • Jul 2007
        • Leafy sticks of Eltham, VIC

Thanks guys......hard city work = wife driving !!!

Plus we also tow a van and my motorbike regularly not that I would let her know that!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X